Stanky

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Lighteningrod, May 15, 2011.

1. Does anybody have any ideas how to get rid of the smell easily? Im growing in my backyard in a shed but I want to be prepared for it to stink just in case.:bolt:

2. Carbon filters? Out take fan?

3. it wont smell that much, a friend of mine grew a plant outside of his shed neighbors smelt nothing.

4. I agree, if its outside the smell shouldn't travel that much. But a carbon filter does the trick for my basement. I even bought an ozone generator just in case and haven't had to use it.

5. Very simple... I also am growing the exact same way.

1: Get an ozone generator, this will get rid of the smell inside the shed.

2: Carbon filter on a Centrifugal fan, this will make sure no smell gets outside.

EASY as that! Cheers :)

6. Where do you get a carbon filter or an ozone generator? And which one works better?

7. ^ I use both... Any hydroponic shop will sell carbon filters, and the ozone generator I got from a store which is like Walmart in the US...

I would prefer a carbon filter if I only had one option.

8. Google, Amazon.com and HTG are your friends. Use them.

Carbon Filters and Odor Control

9. #9 Wardrobe, May 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2011
    Forget the crap -if you're growing out in the shed you won't have a problem with smell -it'll dissipate naturally.
    Different for those of us growing indoors, though I live alone and love the smell, personally..... Lets me know I'm doing a good job.

10. if im not mistaken isnt ozone bad for your mj plants?

11. *** I meant extra crap like filters etc. since you're outside and wasn't implying that anyone was talking crap.
    (Just noticed what my earlier comment sounded like.)

12. MJ odor most certainly can be detected outdoors. Depends which way the wind is blowing...

13. True, but not strong enough to orry about, though, at least here I live. There's almost alays a breeze to dissipate the smell. It'd never get beyond my fence. (If I ere groing in the shed.)
    It's not even a serious problem indoors, from my point-of-vie.
    (My keyboard refuses to give me the letter after v tonight. Been temperamental lately.)