Standlee/ Dumor Alfalfa Pellets

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by kahgknow, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Can anyone tell me if either of these brands of alfalfa pellets are non-GMO. Standlee or Dumor.

I'm currently in cochise county, az are there any feed stores or other shops I might be able to source amendments at? Kind of new to the area.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. As I understand it non organic Alfalfa is a nightmare - so just get og and YOU KN0W ITS NOT gmo. I'm not even sure there is gmo alfalfa but the conventional farming practices for it are horrible and in my mind polluted. Google feed stores with your area code and then use your phone - you'll find some.

• Like Like x 2
  3. #4 kahgknow, Dec 30, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
    Thanks for the replies I did some searching online and found a site with organic alfalfa 40lbs for 16$. The reason I'm sharing this with you is because they actually do scheduled drops/deliveries and if you do that there are no shipping fees.

Here you go for everyone having trouble finding alfalfa locally - Organic, non-GMO Food and Produce Delivered - Azure Standard

It appears that they also have kelp for a pretty good price 85$ for 50lbs, however its listed as "kelp granules " and the ingredients are "seaweed meal". This should cover my kelp needs right? I'm not familiar with the term "kelp granules " but it should work? Says it's from Iceland.
    Organic, non-GMO Food and Produce Delivered - Azure Standard

• Like Like x 3

4. If you have a local grow buddy or two that would be an excellent way to lower all of your costs on those. Great resource.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. It appears that the only region that does not get any deliveries is the northeast. I believe Fedco does drop spots at certain locations up that way. I believe that's who it was, I may be mistaken its been a while, as there was a farmer who worked where I was working and I would order kelp and pick it up at the farm. They (azure not Fedco) also list contact information for the places that receive the delivery and when you sign up they will email you with information on the cutoff for ordering for the dropoff you selected.

I spoke with the people who I can pick up from and they are kind enough to hold onto my items for a couple of days until I will be in the area to pick it up. This is an excellent resource indeed!

• Like Like x 1