Stalk split down the middle

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Mioutdoororganic, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Hey growers I have been growing outdoor organic for a couple years and really hit my stride this year. But i had a major issue arise today. The top on one of my girls split really bad and the main stalk. I havent done any training that deep in awhile and there is alot of support and no wind or rain today but it still split bad. It isnt showing it in its growth but I'm concerned with rot. Any advice would be great. I will post some pics. Thanks and grow on.

Attached Files:

2. Support it. Tape it or wire it closed and get some grafting compound to seal it immediately.

• Like Like x 1
  3. i would tape it, ive never used the grafting compound ive always had good luck just taping them. im surprised the weather didnt get them with how crappy its been lately here

• Like Like x 1
  4. If you don't seal that opening you are leaving it susceptible to many insects and diseases. I would spend a few dollars and do what ever I could to prophylactically treat your plant.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. It has been ridiculous lately but I have been fortunate until now. It's so weaved through the 2 cages so far I really can't get it pulled together very good without feeling like I'm gonna do more damage. I had one do this last year and I left it. It was fine but this one has a pretty deep pocket I'm worried is gonna trap water and rot

6. definitively give that grafting paste a try, spending a couple bucks to make sure it was fixed is worth it. like i said i got lucky when i did it lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. It’s not a bad thing. Just tape it up a bit and keep an eye on it. It will heal. I do this accidentally all the time and I’m pleasantly pleased with the results as those buds are honestly bigger imo.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks for the tip on that compound. I ordered some. It cant hurt. I'm mostly worried about rot from water sitting in there. It happened last year and I just left it and it was fine but that plant wasnt near the size of this one

• Like Like x 1
  9. Definitely get it taped up snugly and leave it till the tape falls off. I've used duct tape in 2 good wraps and not had issue. I taped one over the winter and took the tape off the day I moved outside. The wound had already healed up and was pretty hard to even notice. The more fresh the break the easier it will be for it to quickly mend. Best of luck.