Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Stale bud?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Blowin_Kk, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Bought 4 grams of weed the other day but its stale and breaks off easy. I was a little disappointed Bc it wasn't that sticky icky stuff I like to smoke but it seems to be pretty potent and get me pretty high. So I'm actually pretty happy with what I bought lol. What are your thoughts and or experiences with stale/hard easy to break off weed? Am I smoking some decent stuff? I mean it's giving me a pretty good high so that's all that matters to me.

2. Right... That's all that matters.

乀_(ツ)_

• Like Like x 1
  3. I've felt the same exact way before. I got some really stale bud one time & went to break it down & it just crumbled into little pieces but I really did get an amazing high from it.

4. I've had beautiful, sticky buds that were just :mellow:, and ugly stuff that was :GettingStoned:! You can't see THC levels!

And about storing your cannabis- If stored in the dark in a sealed container, properly cured cannabis will not lose any noticeable potency for a year or two! Improper moisture levels, oxygen, heat and light will lower quality.

“It is concluded that carefully prepared herbal or resin cannabis or extracts are reasonably stable for 1 to 2 years if stored in the dark at room temperature.”

The stability of cannabis and its preparations on storage. (abst – 1976) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6643

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 2
  5. I'm a strange one.
    When I did buy flower, it had to he fresh sticky and potent smelling.
    Then I would leave it in the container open over night to get it crispy., or I'd leave nugs in my car while at work in the baking sun.

All my friends ask why I do this.

If I packed them a very fresh bowl, it would take 2 or 3 puffs to finish the bowl.
    If I packed them my crispy nug (let's say same weight), they would burn it in 1 hit and cough their brains out.

My theory is that because it is drier, the cannabis combusts more efficiently than if it had moisture.

Could be placebo too, but I do get much higher from dry buds...

6. It's just because it's really dry and harsh. It doesn't speak to the actual potency of the weed though. This last harvest I did, I was away for a while and I had left them hang drying for ages before I could get around to them. The weed is very dry now and pretty harsh, but it gets me just as stoned as the same weed from earlier harvests.

7. Dry weed will burn quicker, and that's about it. I personally like to cook a bowl as long as I can (when able to), but the dry stuff is great for snapping a full bowl in one hit.

Also, since the moisture has evaporated, you usually get more plant matter for the same weight. Nothing worse than getting two gram-sized nugs and having it actually weigh out to an eighth because it hasn't been dried enough. I'd take dry stuff over that any day.

• Like Like x 1
  8. You kind of answered your own question but in my opinion its not a big deal if its dry, you get more plant weight anyways, plus if it bothers you so much you can rehydrate it with fruit peels. Not to mention the high is still the same so who cares

-Sent from Zeta Reticuli starsystem-

9. Easy to break off and not near-wet sticky doesn't necessarily mean it's stale. Stale would also be saying that it tasted like utter shit, no longer very potent, etc. The fact that you indicated you were getting very high off of it and it otherwise being alright points to it being dryer than what you're used to, but not 'stale' in the normal sense.

jah!/*d$*:smoking: