stainless steel on a home made bong ?

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by heyjude, May 23, 2012.

1. I made a bong with two hoses out of an empty patron bottle , I used glass because I wanted a more permanent fix .
    I found an old one of these just layin around , it wasn't used but it kind of has a weird smell to it when you hold a lighter up to it , but it smells more like old parts to me than burning metal . I want to use it as a bowl (when you unscrew the black lid it's perfect for a bowl , it even has a a screen) and the website says it's all stainless steel which I hear is safe , but any suggestions ?

Perko: Gas Tank Vents

2. if stainless steel is 100% safe(which I doubt it is for smoking) then I suggest cleaning the bowl as u would with a normal piece, theres a tutorial and piece cleaning somewhere on this forum, search for it and follow the instructions, it shud include something about bagging the piece and mixing it with alcohol and warm water.

3. stainless steel should be fine, it's used in pipes and for low-end bowls regularly. It could probably use a good clean with an organic solvent

4. I wouldn't use it. I'd suspect it to have some sort of coating over the steel. Even more so since you said it has a weird smell...