Staffing Services for Non-Violent Marijuana Offenders

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by NefariousBredd, Sep 27, 2011.

1. #1 NefariousBredd, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2011
    People with marijuana offences are largely non-violent, but that sure doesn't win them any leniency when it comes to employment opportunities. Some... no, in fact, MOST of the smartest people I know partake of marijuana, at least occasionally. They have professional aptitude, extensive qualifications and are generally pleasant people to be around.

The way I see it, we have a huge amount of wasted potential in people with minor possession offenses. Does anyone think it would be possible to establish a nonprofit for the purpose of providing the job market with qualified individuals who are willing to, perhaps, accept employment under special conditions because of a minor marijuana infraction? Perhaps reduced salary requirements? Perhaps extended probationary conditions? Thoughts on this particular?

These employees would be perfect for small businesses and start-ups. I believe they would largely be loyal to any company that would be willing to take the risk. It would be a type of employer - employee relationship with much enhanced focus on trust and ethics, which would definitely be a good thing with today's "pay me more, pay me now" attitude, particularly in the white collar arena.

What are people's thoughts about this topic? I have worked as a systems administrator for several recruiting agencies while running a consultancy on the East Coast. Really there isn't a whole lot to it. The right software, some leads and some decent scouts. In this instance, we wouldn't even need the scouts. Talent would come to us.

Thoughts? Ideas? Criticisms?

Please read up on who, exactly, the average user really is before you reply:

http://stash.norml.org/who-are-you-us-government-statistics-on-adult-marijuana-users