St0ney's First Grow Journal! 2010 (help!)(indoor/outdoor)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by St0ney, May 13, 2010.

1. I am thinking i can convert this fixture into a vented design, kind of like a 'cool tube' and 2 of these would be perfect for my flowering room.

2. Hey, just from me to you, how did you order them, or like how did they come? I was hoping that I could order some seeds online, BUT I'm REALLY paranoid about that.

Is that website safe?
    How long untill the seeds came?
    Where did you order them to?
    Did you have to sign for anything?

Please tell me everything about what you think, and thanks.

3. there's a whole section dedicated to seed banks

4. #24 St0ney, May 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2010
    Yeah I know the first notion of ordering from a seed bank freaked me out too Truebud. But honestly you'd be suprised just how insecure our mailing system is. I know I was, lol.

From both seed banks I've ordered from I've had no trouble at all. They ship them in discreet unmarked packages. And from what I hear most of the time if they do confiscate it they just send you a letter.

Now as far as cannabisseeds.com goes I've heard some bad reviews (after I made the order) but the seeds came in perfect condition and each one of them has germinated. I'm going to be comparing them to the rest of my plants at the end of the grow and I plan on writing a review.

But yeah I'd recommend Attitude seeds bank. Great deals. They offer customizable shipping, can even get stuff added in your order to hide it. They also offer guaranteed delivery. Very convenient.

edit: Left out some answers.

They came in about a week and I had them delivered to my girlfriend's house. Definately wouldn't have them delivered to my grow spot. And no you don't have to sign for them.

5. Update!

Well after moving the lights closer and starting them on a 24 hour cycle the stretching's stopped and they're leaves seem to be developing much faster now. I can already see new growth tips popping up.

A couple of them continued to stretch a little but after a readjustment they're doing alot better.

To my suprise I had a couple stragglers sprout last night so today I'll be adding another White Widow, and a Grapefruit Automatic.

Seeing as it's starting to get very crowded in my grow space I plan on moving a couple plants outdoors soon. But I think I'll wait till they get a strong couple shoots of leaves first. Until some real foliage develops they can share the light anyways.

Also one of my plants seems to have some mutated leaf development, I've heard this is a sign of stress, think it's just from stress of the lights being far away initially?

Thanks again for the help guys, glad I got the journal up when I did.

Here's some pics.

Attached Files:

6. Yeh. Stoney! Def. looking better now. Good news on the surprise additions! No clue on the mutation, its probably not a big deal.

7. Yeah from what I've read about mutations basicly you just try to keep the stress levels low and it'll correct itself eventually. Wierd lookin little leaves though, will have to post a pic later.

They've stopped stretching but a couple of them are still beinding a little to face the light, is this normal or does it mean they need more light?

8. #28 Dr.HydroThumb, May 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2010

Its normal. Its telling you the lights need to be directly over the plant not the side. You need to make a reflector to put all of those bulbs on and hang over the plants then theyll all straighten up Check out my DIY hood i just made :D
    [​IMG]
    250 watts of cfl power with absolutely no heat for under 70 bucks:D

9. nice setup! looks real clean

10. That is a really a nice setup Doc, my new one isn't nearly as professional looking ("see ducktape") but I'm hoping it'll do the job.:D

Went to Wal-Mart today and got a couple easy install shelves, a new drill and some heavy duty duck tape (figured I'd need it for something, lol, and I did). Also got a fan to provide some ventilation.

I installed the shelves and clamped the lights on to them, after that I took the duck tape and wrapped it very tightly around each clamp to ensure none of them slip or move.

After alot of sweat, gets hot as hell in there. I've managed to pull off something that looks reasonably efficient and sturdy. Here's hoping for the best!

Now to take a break and smoke a bowl. :bongin:
    Here's a few pics of the new setup and of a mutated seedling I have, any ideas on how to get her looking normal again?

Attached Files:

11. Honestly the seedling doesnt look mutated.. what are you concerned about with plant?

the lights are going to work a million times better now that you have them setup properly. It doesnt have to be professional to get the job done. just has to be applied properly and i think that shelf was just the ticket. I bet money youll see a difference.

12. I'm with DHT on the light setup, Stoney. This ought to work now, at least for a while.

First grow, slapping together a setup as best as you can. I'll bet I know exactly where you are now! You spend more time by your plants than you do away from them, don't you? Hunched over, looking at every little detail of every leaf. Trying to think of things to do to make it better. Thinking about how slow it seems to be going and that there's like three or four more months of that!! Tell me it ain't true!

Many challenges ahead...

13. :laughing: ahhhh memories. I know exactly what he is talking about. I dont hover as much as i used to. I am confident in my growing skills. But i do like to just sit and watch both of my grow areas. There is something about the whole process that calms me. I also like to smoke with the plants. They enjoy the co2 and I enjoy the scenery and the high :smoking:

14. Unfortunately my plants are in the top of my closet and I have to stand on a chair to reach them so I dont get to hang out with em as much as I'd like. I do tend to check them like 5 times a day tho, when I wake up, before I go to sleep, when I'm bored, etc. lol

So they're all doin great, lots of new leaves and growth. I can already tell the fan has stimulated alot of growth and the new light setup is definately working. Today I'm headed to Home Depot to get some more lights and fixtures, anyone have any recommendations on things I should pick up for my grow spot?

And thanks for the input on that one plant Doc, the leaves look different than alot of the others and I guess I just panicked.

All of them are doing great except one, which is my strongest grower oddly enough. She has huge leaves compared to the others but over time he has gone completely sideways! :confused: It started when I had the lights to the side but has continued ever since.

Here's some pics, not sure what to think about the little girl! Anything I can do to correct this?

Attached Files:

15. hey bro.. just curious if you have a fan blowing on them at all?

Also why is the plant on the side of the pot? you should try to relocate it to the center. Put a support stick of some kind on it with a twist tie. Then if you dont have a osculating fan, I'd get one and put it on low