ssv questions

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Royal Kush, Mar 26, 2012.

1. I went to my lhs yesterday and i saw an ssv vape. I read reviews on I and it sounds awesome plus you can customize it. My only concern is that I am moving into a dorm next semester, and I was curious about the smell. I know vapes have a burnt popcorn like smell, but is this one any worse? I'm assuming it will be easy to hide that i am using this for weed because I can say I am using it for aromatherapy. Anyone else have one of these in a dorm and are willing to tell me a but more about your experiences. Thanks a lot

2. [quote name='"Royal Kush"']I went to my lhs yesterday and i saw an ssv vape. I read reviews on I and it sounds awesome plus you can customize it. My only concern is that I am moving into a dorm next semester, and I was curious about the smell. I know vapes have a burnt popcorn like smell, but is this one any worse? I'm assuming it will be easy to hide that i am using this for weed because I can say I am using it for aromatherapy. Anyone else have one of these in a dorm and are willing to tell me a but more about your experiences. Thanks a lot[/quote]

Well, I'm not in a dorm, but I do have a Silver Surfer.

It would really depend on how strict your dorm was. I completely disagree that there's a popcorn smell though. That's more true with shittier vapes I think, or if you turn the temperature up too high. Honestly my vaporizer smells....well mostly like weed, just much fainter.

And as for when you actually vaporize? It will smell like weed as well, but the smell wont reach nearly as far as smoke will, and it will dissipate very quickly. It's certainly no worse than other vaporizers, but the Silver Surfer does get some crazy big hits.

But it is an incredible vaporizer. It's easily the best whip vaporizer on the market, and one of the heaviest hitting vapes out there. It's completely customizable, and is just....so awesome. I really can't say enough good things, I use it each and every day.

I can say that I live with roommates, and when I use the vaporizer in my room with the door closed, even with the window closed no smell escapes my room. I can have several large sessions in my room and while my roommates don't mind the smell, none of them can smell a thing, even while standing directly outside my room, inches away from the door.

However if an RA or someone worse did search your room, it may be slightly difficult to say it's for aromatherapy, especially if there's weed in your room.

3. What the man above said.

I have one its awesome, the smell goes away very quickly. If you have a window, open it, turn a fan on and thats the end of your worries.

SSV gives nice thick hits...

4. Cool, thanks. I'm hoping that i will get one this summer. I wanna move from smoking to vaporizing and oils.

5. #5 lilro, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2012
    The thing that's perfect about the SSV, is the smell is minimal (only a touch more than unburned weed in open air), AND, you can get an aromatherapy ashtray type thing that you fill with various oils and it will be heated while you vape, so it's like a vape and incense burner/candle in one. I don't have that attachment though so I don't know how well it works. The SSV is an excellent vape though and the only one I've used that I will choose over smoking 90% of the time.

6. [quote name='"lilro"']
    The thing that's perfect about the SSV, is the smell is minimal (only a touch more than unburned weed in open air), AND, you can get an aromatherapy ashtray type thing that you fill with various oils and it will be heated while you vape, so it's like a vape and incense burner/candle in one. I don't have that attachment though so I don't know how well it works. The SSV is an excellent vape though and the only one I've used that I will choose over smoking 90% of the time.[/quote]

That sounds perfect, I'll probably be using it for the aromatherapy too so ill have an excuse for having it. I'll keep an extra whip that will be clean so they can't take it. Does anyone have a preference for the type of joint I'm 50/50 between the regular and the ground glass.

7. [quote name='"Royal Kush"']

That sounds perfect, I'll probably be using it for the aromatherapy too so ill have an excuse for having it. I'll keep an extra whip that will be clean so they can't take it. Does anyone have a preference for the type of joint I'm 50/50 between the regular and the ground glass.[/quote]

Personally I have the ground glass, and I love it. It's particularly useful while vapor-bonging I think. It's a great hands free option, but it is possible to get knocked off if you tug on the whip or something. I have no issues, but it's something to watch out for in groups.

However many people prefer the standard, and if you were going to strictly use it dry in a dorm (recommended probably for stealth) than that may be the better option? But it would be up to you. One advantage of standard is that you can get vapor-brothers mini whips for conservative bowls. They work quite well with the standard heating cover.

8. [quote name='"Heosphoros"']

Personally I have the ground glass, and I love it. It's particularly useful while vapor-bonging I think. It's a great hands free option, but it is possible to get knocked off if you tug on the whip or something. I have no issues, but it's something to watch out for in groups.

However many people prefer the standard, and if you were going to strictly use it dry in a dorm (recommended probably for stealth) than that may be the better option? But it would be up to you. One advantage of standard is that you can get vapor-brothers mini whips for conservative bowls. They work quite well with the standard heating cover.[/quote]

That's sounds good man, thanks for the recommendation!