SSV Heater Cover slightly too short?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Brutal1ty, Jul 26, 2013.

1. #1 Brutal1ty, Jul 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2013
    Whatsup fellas? I just received my used SSV (green with dark blue base, really neat) in mint condition (except it hadn't been cleaned fully, so I'm going to do that now that I know the heating element works properly) but I've got an issue with it:

The heater cover is placed at such a height\\angle that you can't really use it easily without the whip hitting the body. Imagine the standard heater cover, but placed 1-2 cm too low basically.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? Simply ordering a new heater cover is impossible for now because I'd have to get it from across the globe basically. No shop in NL ships custom SSV parts... I can replace tubing just fine since I can get the da buddha versions, but the custom glass parts... meh...

So... any ideas? Lost my phone cable so can't really post much pics... 

I mean, this is usable, but... not optimum. 

The thing only cost me 55 (!) bucks though, so for a cleaning job & perhaps a new cover I'd say that's a pretty good deal regardless.

Basically what I'm asking is: can I pull it up a notch without killing the airflow or whatever. It's quite... secure to say the least. It'll take some nudging to get it moving I think. And since I can't get new glass parts easily is why I haven't tried it yet, I'm afraid to break my new beauty... Is it possible? Then I'll give it a (gentle) try.

2. Gently pull upward and twist, should come off with enough force just be careful