SST - Sprouted Seed Tea

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by GiMiK, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Fox tails on Fox tails on Fox tails. Fluffy buds also.

Sent from my LGMS659 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I just purchased some of the coconut powder from BAS, I cant wait!

3. So maybe SST's should be phased out in flowering? I think you mentioned before how you have over applied them and gotten new growth late in flowering.

But this doesnt happen with the coconut water? Have you used the coco water heavily and late in flower?

4. No I learned my lesson.

I wouldn't say not to use SST during flowering just be smart with it. Small amounts every so often.

I kept seeing new growth establish itself (some foxtails alot of new pistils and a little calyx expansion) when over applying SSTs and coconut water.

Just a little bit here and there works amazingly well; IOW use them as a stimulant not a steroid.  

6. As with anything.... less is more...

I can't help but wonder if the Gibberellins in the coconut water or SST's caused my plants to rodelize last time :unsure: could have been a light leak too lol.... too many variables... I need to get rid of a couple variables and go at it with the scientific method...

7. foxtail?? please enlighten me with the term?

8. Google is your friend I'm on my phone, cannabis foxtailing would do you right.

Basically fluffy veg growth coming out of the buds.

9. Like this?
    IMG_0584.JPG
    IMG_0587.JPG

10. Precisely^^ I kinda like how foxtails look lol

11. I don't know what to think of them, yet. But, it's what I've got on this one plant, so that's that.

12. The problem I have with it is that the plants not focusing on resin or oil production. Instead it's creating these wispy tails and just overall decrease harvest weight.

Plus the smoke taste more like plant matter even after a cure.

2 cents as usual.

13. I agree. I've decided thst I don't fox tails for those strains that normally put out dense buds. Some of that density seems to get sacrificed. At least that's what I've noticed anyway on a few occasions. Lights were the same, heat was the same, strain was the same, blah blah blah. This is just me speaking on my opinion regarding foxtailing not the SST.

14. My plant has been fed water only, no teas, nothing. So you think the foxtailing is just genetic, then? It's certainly a unique look, but if at the sacrifice of quality, I'd rather go without.

i think it's genetic in most cases.. grew this chemdog DD a bunch of times and it came out the same each time i ran it.

View attachment 133305
    View attachment 132822

16. #96 GiMiK, Jun 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2014
    Genetic trait, heat stress and/or excessive hormonal/enzymatic stimulation are what I believe cause "foxtailing" to occur.

I've only had it seriously occur with a couple of highly sativa based cultivars when I was using the SST/coconut deal regularly at a higher concentration than suggested here.

17. Fluffy airy buds don't always mean bad buds.  They can be great buds without bag appeal.  Still smoke worthy, hash worthy, oil worthy,
    and vape worthy.  Depends upon how picky one chooses to be.  By the same token it can be cartel quality.  I guess it depends upon the
    plant itself and it's individual genetic makeup.

• Agree Agree x 1
    yeah heat stress for sure too..
    and when i was using bottles.. if i gave too much N later on, it would seem to stretch out, but more stems between the calyx's if that makes any sense. :bongin:

19. #99 Lumperfan, Jul 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2014
    This thread got them some business from me too- aloe powder, coconut powder, and pre sprouted barley seeds. Great company!

20. Might be a stupid question but could spirulina be used at all for it's GA content in the V2 of the SST?

Sent from my eyephone