SST - Sprouted Seed Tea

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by GiMiK, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Yeah I was using it as a foliar spray. My wording/transition was a little harsh, the soil life comment was because the acetic acid was originally referenced in context of the sst soil drench.

I'll copy and paste the message I sent my professor after he told me I couldn't use malted barley. Please let me know if I'm using straw men or flawed logic.

• Like Like x 10
  2. Well done, Steve!

Sincerely...

• Like Like x 8
  3. So do you think the same topdressing method would work well with corn? Do you think it would be beneficial to use a mixture of corn and barley for a wider enzyme profile? If so it might be nice to use it that way and drop the expensive coconut water. Maybe I could just topdress with a barley/corn blend and alternate watering between a aloe, fulvic, silica mix and just plain water?

• Like Like x 4
  4. If we were at Instagram I could send you to a feed where they have began using malted non-GMO organic corn mixed 1:1 with malted barley. I assume you're wanting the benefit of the cytokinin Zeatine which is responsible for lateral growth, in part.

I've been using corn for a bit longer, again as a top-dress. Though I've been alternating week by week. Figure out what's best for your situation and schedule. There are a couple of products in the pipeline with Clackamas Coot as part of the product name, Gnarly Barley and A Maize Zing Malt. We found an artisan malt operation that will do less than 10,000 lb. runs. I want to enter this deal slowly and use investor's money and not mine.

In the meantime, here's a source for your malted corn - Grouse Malting in Colorado. As always compare quality, pricing and the usual. Not a recommendation per se but more of a lead. Having said that I've been more than satisfied with the quality, service and pricing.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Do you still use a text-to-speech program?
    If so, it's interesting how it handles the quotes; the program continues to type ahead of the quote rather than seeing it odd and putting the reply after. Also, it (or you) doesn't like the oxford comma <_<

• Like Like x 1
  6. I got a sweet mic for christmas and just upgraded to the new OS X which I believe has voice to text, but I have yet to try it. Not sure if it is the best option, though

• Like Like x 1
  7. I type manually, I like the complete control.

Is it just me or when you start typing right after you hit reply, you get a few characters above the quoted text and you continue typing below?

Also when I highlight stuff when I'm editing a post it automatically scrolls the page and the text in the post all the way to the bottom making you highlight everything the in text box and scrolling the box off the screen:poke: @Chunk

• Like Like x 2
  8. Voice Dictation in Mac OS X and iOS continues to improve - it's a work in progress.

Then there's Dragon Dictate for Mac 5. The parent company, Nuance, should be investigated by the FTC for its practices going back 10 years. They suck. Their software support sucks.They turn out crap for Mac and Windows.

Yet they own the deal for reasons that remain a mystery to me. I added a Blue Microphone Yeti Pro (which it is) and that made a huge difference in accuracy. Easily pushing 97% overall. You can make it work but it takes some stroking like never, ever use it with Microsoft Word. It's beyond horrible. I use the Apple TextEdit in '.txt' format vs. '.rtf' - another big push forward.

That's my experience anyway...

• Like Like x 1
  9. When I reply my cursor starts after the quote. I'm using Safari, BTW

10. Thanks for your insight. I happened to get the Yeti Blue as well. lol
    I'll have to try it out with Voice dictation in OS X.

11. You'll find this extremely helpful using Voice Dictation - Dictation Commands you can use in OS X

• Like Like x 1
  12. Awesome, that should save me a lot of time and frustration. Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  13. #553 stevebombb, Mar 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2016
    • Like Like x 5
  14. Well you know there are some that think they know it all already. And then there are those that are closed minded and not open to new and proven methods. And then there are those that just can't learn things even if you hold their hand along the way. Those probably shouldn't listen. Or ask questions. They waste one's time.

• Like Like x 3
  15. #555 AgnesDawgz, Mar 16, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
    Phosphatase - an enzyme found in malted grass seeds

A phosphatase is an enzyme that removes a phosphate group from its substrate by hydrolysingphosphoric acid monoesters into a phosphateion and a molecule with a free hydroxyl group (see dephosphorylation). This action is directly opposite to that of phosphorylases and kinases, which attach phosphate groups to their substrates by using energetic molecules like ATP.

A common phosphatase in many organisms is alkaline phosphatase. Another large group of proteins present in archaea, bacteria, and eukaryote exhibits deoxyribonucleotide and ribonucleotidephosphatase or pyrophosphatase activities that catalyse the decomposition of dNTP/NTP into dNDP/NDP and a free phosphate ion or dNMP/NMP and a free pyrophosphate ion.

The other group of phosphatase is collectively called as protein phosphatase, which removes a phosphate group from the phosphorylated amino acid residue of the substrate protein. Protein phosphorylation is a common post translational modification of protein catalyzed by protein kinases, and protein phosphatases reverse the effect.

• Like Like x 7
  16. so in layman terms, malted barely makes phosphate more available? did i read that right? :confused_2:

if thats the case it means more bad news for the gro shops :sneaky:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Look-up urease & protease and read a real list of woes for these numbskulls...

• Like Like x 3
  18. Yeah!

Science, bitches... :smoking-banana:

• Like Like x 2
  19. β-glucosidase (aka Beta-glucosidase)

β-glucosidase catalyzes the hydrolysis of the glycosidic bonds to terminal non-reducing residues in beta-D-glucosides and oligosaccharides, with release of glucose.[2]

Synonyms, derivatives, and related enzymes include gentiobiase, cellobiase, emulsin,[3] elaterase, aryl-beta-glucosidase, beta-D-glucosidase, beta-glucoside glucohydrolase, arbutinase, amygdalinase, p-nitrophenyl beta-glucosidase, primeverosidase, amygdalase, linamarase, salicilinase, and beta-1,6-glucosidase.

Cellulose is a polymer composed of beta-1,4-linked glucosyl residues. Cellulases (endoglucanases), cellobiosidases (exoglucanases), and beta-glucosidases are required by organisms (some fungi, bacteria) that can consume it. These enzymes are powerful tools for degradation of plant cell walls by pathogens and other organisms consuming plant biomass.

• Like Like x 7
  20. #560 puffnstuff1960, Mar 18, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
    Right now I sprinkle a small handful of unground MBG in my worm bin couple times between harvest. I would like to try it on my outdoor grow but there times when I might not have to water for weeks because of rain.
    If you top dress with ground MPG does it need to be watered in right away or can I top dress and let the rain take care of it.

Edit: 15 gal holes filled with CC mix with minerals