SSRI's, Benzos, etc. What I should Get From The Doc?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Pilsbury dBoy, Feb 11, 2009.

1. #21 NFloyd2357, Feb 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2009

i was like that too - when i first got a hold of some xanax, 5 mg did nothing to me, and all my friends were astounded. thats why i love klonopin - 2mg gets me just right, and 4mg gets me pretty out in space - 10 mg and id be a retard

[edit] sorry for the double post, i thought iwas editing my other post

2. #22 jack herra, Feb 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2009

ya,i hate anti depressants,they do more bad than good over time,not to mention all the drugs it interferes with.

hey i just moved from south Kingstown r.i,what part of r.i you stay at.

3. Are there any symptoms that I should emphasize in order to avoid getting prescribed an ssri and getting some valium or xanax or any benzos?

4. ya bro,tell them that you have real bad anxiety

5. You guys don't seem to understand the way 90% of doctors work now days, if you go in saying you have anxiety, they're going to give you a light benzo dose(either .5mg of xanax or .5mg of klonopin, maybe .25 of xanax) to take maybe 2 times a week when you REALLY need it, and they're going to give you an SSRI to take every single day. The SSRI and benzo go hand and hand, I guarentee when you go into the doctor you'll most likely get Zoloft and Xanax or something like that to start off with. I went to the psychiatrist today, and that's exactly what happened to me. I also know a bunch of people that have gone in with the exact same anxiety symptoms and they've all gotten an anti-depressant and a benzo, they're not going to give you just a benzo.

6. Yeah this is very true. And dont avoid an SSRI because you hear bad things about it, try it out. I could be great, or it could be bad, but not trying it is dumb if you have actual depression issues.

7. #27 COOOL, Feb 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2009
    Go in their and tell them you think you have severe social anxiety and panic attacks because you looked up your symptoms online. Tell him you dont feel comfortable doing anything anymore, and that your literally scared shitless to go out in public and see other people.

Thats what i did to get prescribed Ativan and Valium a few years ago, they also gave me paxil which i didnt really take....i dont believe in that shit..they have done NO reasearch on anti-depressants for the long term reactions in a person, so i dont trust them.

I personally bellieve the only way to get over anxiety issues is to see some sort of counseler or pschycologist.

8. i agree with him,if they give you antidepressants deffenetly don't take them they'll fuck up your mind.

9. but benzos are harmless?:confused:

10. #30 Invictis, Feb 12, 2009
    SSRI's arent bad lol, if you take a low dose and realize it isn't working for you, then stop taking it. But a lot of the time SSRIs actually do work well, saying they don't is fucking stupid. If you're smoking weed everyday while on an SSRI then it can fuck you up, and if you're doing a lot of other drugs it'll fuck you up to. But if you're actually trying to beat your anxiety, you should probably stop smoking for a while, i'm about to start taking an SSRI sometime this week i'll let you all know how it goes. And yeah, believe it or not, seeing a shrink will actually help you, it's kinda hard at first, I hate talking to people about my emotions and shit, but in the long run I feel it'll help me.

11. The only point i have is that there is no long term research on effects of taking SSRI's. Basically people end up taking them their whole life cuz they cant get off them. I know when i stopped takin my paxil i was getting light headed and almost fainted daily for about 3 months afterwords, it was a wierd feeling.

I use herb to deal with all that stuff now honestly, and i always have. I got issues withe depression and anxiety when i stopped smoking to try and become a state trooper. But hell with that. Find and grow either a pure indica, pure sativa, or a hybrid and INGEST your pot. Ive noticed when i ingest THC i have a anxiety free high. Its all about finding the right strain for you. Indica's are what i use mainly. I do still have a little anxiety but i can deal with it and would rather stay away from govt chemicals.

12. #32 coliebear, Feb 12, 2009
    Say that you would rather address/treat your depression through counseling and therapy, but need the benzo's for random anxiety attacks.

If you really do have some major depression going on, you should try out an SSRI for a month, it could be beneficial to you. For a more naturopathic approach, , you could pick up some 5-HTP...it's helped me with my atypical depression.

13. watch out with ssri's... i got prescribed the wrong medication, and it can fuck with your head. go for benzo's, aka klonopin 2mg or at least 1mg or bars or both

14. thanks again for all the responses in here. I am having more of an anxiety problem than a depression problem. My main problem is that I get really worried and overwhelmed by random shit and i just cant stop thinking about it. When I try to fall asleep, (assuming I didnt just take a blunt to the face :smoke:) I will have a million tings on my mind and not be able to fall asleep for like 45 minutes and Ill wake up a couple times, usually after having EXTREMELY vivid and wierd ass dreams. Whenever Im at school and hear a knock on the door, my heart starts beating really fast and I think its the dean of students coming to bust me or something. Basically, I feel like Im tripping out bad at random times for no obvious reason even when Im not even stoned. The depression thing isnt really isnt that big of a problem because it comes and goes, and is not severe.

15. man your anxiety symptoms aren't bad at all, I wouldn't even start taking a benzo for that shit, those are fucking MINOR symptoms, trust me. my symptoms are 2000000 times worse than that, which is why even when I take 10mg of xanax I still worry my ass off.

16. you should deffenitly get some benzos,they are the shit,even if your problems arnt that bad,you should still try to get some.

17. benzos are the shit, but coming from a benzo addict dont go down that path if you dont need to. his symptoms are not JACK SHIT, I had those symptoms when i was in fucking 2nd grade, the only reason I finally went to a doctor is because i've had TERRIBLE anxiety since 2nd or 3rd grade and its been getting worse and worse. trust me, benzo withdrawals are one of the few, if not the only drug withdrawals that can actually KILL you. dont tell him to go get benzos just because you liked to get fucked up off of them.

18. Get the BENZO MAN! DUH!!

19. Thank you,thats what ive been saying since this thread was made.

willpower and moderation is the key my freind:smoke:

20. I have the EXACT same anxiety/depression shit that you do man... and for me, a small amount of xanax helps me out incredibly. i do love my herb, but it is just a subsidiary to the main problem. Xanax cures my anxiety, and the wonderful herb helps me relax and cope. Herb helps me think clearly and be more creative with my thought. i hope this helps in any way dude

wafflehead

ps--and xanax (if in moderation) isn't that addictive... it is, but nothing that will cause you to withdrawal for days and days. (in moderation)