SSH's Northern Lights PC Grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by SSH, Aug 13, 2011.

1. :( Aw man, I'm crossing my fingers or ya. I'm hoping that it just needs a few days after your flush to recover.
    I think the yellow spots you have will stay (don't quote me on that), so maybe keep an eye that it doesn't show up at more sites? I'll give your post a bump in the sick plants section.

2. Hopefully its just a mag deficiency and nothing like root rot or anything serious. Wishing you luck my friend! hope she pulls through!

3. good luck with the problems, keep the faith!

How is the ona working for you?

4. #84 SSH, Oct 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2011
    Thanks for the good wishes fellas. Unfortunately I don't know if it's getting any better. I've noticed some browning near on the base of the leaves near 2 bud sites (my thread under sick plants has a pic). I'm at a loss for what to do. On a good note, I did another tie down, and she looks damn good :smoke: Almost through 3 weeks of flowering, I hope I can get this problem under control, and get her through another 5 weeks

EDIT: Also, the ONA is working well, but I think the main reason there's no smell outside the case is because of my carbon filter. The ONA does help though. When I work on her outside the case I bring the ONA out afterwards and wave it around and it helps eliminate the smell.

[​IMG]

5. nice grow man, hope you find out whats causing the yellowing, you seem like you got a brain in your head hahha so im sure you will figure it out. i just popped a Northern Lights feminized autoflower yesterday and cant wait to see how she does. best luck to ya bro!

6. Looks like a pH issue to me. Whats the runoff ph, what type of soil are you using? And what pH are you feeding at?

7. pH runoff is 6.6, and i'm using FFOF soil. I'm feeding at about 6.8-7 pH. Still can't really tell if it's getting worse or not. Seems to be settling out but I'm not sure. One top that has been hit pretty hard by whatever this is (not the main one) is covered in crystals. It looks like someone took kief and poured it on the top. Can't say I hate it :) But at the same time, doesn't quite look normal.

8. Maybe it will turn out even better, like some sort of mj mutation causing the high to last longer! :D

9. You're feeding too high.... Drop the feeding pH to 5.5 - 6.0. What water are you feeding with...ro water?

10. Every situation is different, but
    I'm running FFOF, my runoff is anywhere from 6.4 - 6.8, feeding it 5.4 - 5.8. Like I said every sit is different, but I have always had to feed mine lower pH. I'm not using any buffer material either though.

11. haha, that would be pretty awesome

Thanks for the help. I'm not sure I'm following this though. Why feed with water that acidic in a soil grow? For a hydro grow, yea you would want to keep the water at that level. I'm not discounting what you are saying, but I have never heard to feed with that in soil, as it seems counter productive if I want the soil to be 6.2-6.8, especially when my nutes are acidic. Wouldn't the concern be more on the runoff pH than the water going in? And I am using tap water.

12. You want the soil to stay as close to 6.5 as possible. I usually water with a lower pH and the plants love it more than in the 6 ish range. Ocean Forest has lime which buffers the acidic feed water so you can feed the plants slightly more acidic water but keep the soil about 6.5. ;)

13. The important thing, from what I've read is your runoff pH, if it's good your soil should be too. I only posted my sit for comparison, not saying you're doing anything wrong, you've got more experience than me anyways. :D

14. Tap water isn't the best to use because it can be full of stuff like flouride, chloride, dissolved metals/solids and so on. Get yourself a large jug of filtered water/reverse osmosis water from a grocery store or aquarium store or even a water store. Your plants will love that favor.

I get plants showing that yellowing when I need to replace my RO water filters. The water where I live is full of crap and the plants don't like that too much :eek:

15. [quote name='"omdogg"']Tap water isn't the best to use because it can be full of stuff like flouride, chloride, dissolved metals/solids and so on. Get yourself a large jug of filtered water/reverse osmosis water from a grocery store or aquarium store or even a water store. Your plants will love that favor.

I get plants showing that yellowing when I need to replace my RO water filters. The water where I live is full of crap and the plants don't like that too much :eek:[/quote]

I've wondered if you can let tap water sit out for a day or two and use that. Would that be ok or is it the same?

16. I've wondered this too. I am curious about boiling the water too, would this cause any change?

17. Nope... but if you catch the condensation from boiling you have really pure water ;)

Leaving tap water out for a day or two can help get rid of the chlorine but still isn't the same as filtering your water or buying filtered water.

18. I buy RO water right from my grocery store. They have a water dispensing machine right next to bottled water, only costs me $0.32 per gallon.

Leaving tap water sit out will get rid of the chlorine because it exists in the water as a gas at room temperature, but all the other nasty stuff generally stays in the water, unless you filter it.

19. Thanks for the info guys! I've been using bottled water but I think I'll get a small jug of RO water :) it's cheap as fuck anyways so why not? Lol

20. Day 60: I wish I could even find RO water around here, haven't been able to. I'll have to try a pet store in the aquarium section like omdogg suggested. Thanks for all the posts by everyone, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's actually settling out, as I'm getting more confident that it has.

More and more smaller bud sites have been popping up underneath the canopy so I decided to do a little...rearranging. I tucked most of the fan leaves down so that as many of the bud sites were exposed as possible. I took a before and after picture, which to me looks like they were taken days apart but in reality, just 10 minutes apart :) Here's the results, I think she looks damn sexy! :D

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]