SSH's Northern Lights PC Grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by SSH, Aug 13, 2011.

1. wow i am amazed on how that grew dude thats awesome, dose she messure out to be in size ?

2. The TD-100 is somewhat loud but it has the static pressure needed to use a carbon filter (you could find a PC fan that has enough static pressure but it would be far louder than the TD-100 and not pull nearly as much air). I put a balled up pair of socks in the exhaust to muffle the noise, and you can't hear it if you aren't in the room. Even right outside the door threshold you have to strain to hear it. Even though it barelyyyy fits in my case, I couldn't be happier :)

Thanks, I'm pretty happy with her so far! And I'm not sure what you're asking :) I think you are asking how big she is. Next time I post pics I'll try and remember to take one with a lighter for size reference.

3. Looks good SSH. Hopefully she doesn't give you any problems, but you seem to know what you're doing. You've got a nice little set up there too

4. yes that is what i meant to say lol

5. looks great,,,cant wait too see whats she dos in flowering cycle

6. I would stay away from those personally. I've heard they are quite loud, and when I looked up details about the static pressure on them they were terrible. It might be enough to pull through a small carbon filter, though.

So I'm definitely going to have to add a screen to scrog this girl. She is a wild beast! From yesterday to today she grew and inch and half taller and wants to grow right into the lights, she reallllly wants some light :) Also, she grew into the PC fan I had..completely into it overnight. The leaves were about an inch into the fan blades, when she was about an inch and half away from them the night before. The leaves were just being beaten, and she didn't give no fucks!

On another note, she still has brown spots, and they look to be appearing on more leaves. The spots look like rust spots, and they don't yellow before browning. They go straight to brown/rust. Any ideas on this??

7. may be some kinda def. pics would help much

8. Can't help ya on the brown spots, but still like to see pics! :D

9. the rust spots sound like a calcium def. pics though plz :)

10. sounds like cal def fo show not positive without pics tho

11. Not discounting the calcium deficiency (that's what I thought it was at first), but I've been feeding her CalMag, as well as I just added dolomite to the soil a few days ago. I would think that should have been plenty of cal for her. I'll post some pics of her later after I *hopefully* add a screen.

12. im liking this alot man keep it up im subbed. check out my Marijuana fridge grow!

13. #54 SSH, Sep 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2011
    Day 36: Well I think the problem might have slowed, I don't think there are any new spots. I'll keep any eye on it. Added the screen today! I attached it to the pot so I can take the pot out of the case.

I said I'd add a lighter pic :) Only lighter I could find though hah
    [​IMG]

14. So if it's not gonna be in your pc then where you gonna have it?

15. #56 zeroz52, Sep 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2011
    Hey SSH, looking really good man. If you have some time can you post a pic from the side showing your whole scrog? Can you just give me a brief tidbit on how you attached it to the container? I would like to do the same to mine, but have been struggling with how to set it up so it will come out with the plant for watering.
    Also, how far from the soil is your scrog?

Thanks man:smoke:

16. lookin good so far mate,
    how long did she veg and when you gonna flip 12/12?

17. I'm leaving it in the case, I just meant if I need to take it out to water, or for whatever reason.

I just used the wire and attached it to the container. I used a lighter to heat up the wire and pushed it right through then looped it around so it'd stay. Then I attached the other end of the wire to the screen. Did this for all four corners. The screen is a little over 6 inches from the soil I think.

She vegged for 36 days (well 33 or 34 from sprout). Then put her in 24 hours of darkness, now I'm on 12/12.

18. Thanks SSH, appreciate the info! :D

19. [quote name='"zeroz52"']Thanks SSH, appreciate the info! :D[/quote]

Agreed. That's pretty ingenious man!