Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Squirt-gun Gravity Bong

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by 110100100, Aug 2, 2004.

1. I didn't see a place to talk about our experiences in the fine art of bong-making, which seems a bit strange, since every stoner I've ever met has a little bit of innovation in them that they love to work out in creative ways, but my friend and I created a really bizarre gravity bong out of one of his old childhood squirtguns.

If anybody has any of those things lying around, the process is pretty simple.

And for the record, I'm not talking about squirtguns that you fill up with water and hold water in them or in a tank, I'm talking about the shotgun-looking squirt-guns that you pull on while they're dipped in water to suck in water and push to spray out water at high velocities.

It makes for a massive hit. A bit harsh, though. I'm sure if we ran some tubing into it, the water purification would be more significant, though.

Still, it's a work in progress.

Do any of you have any great innovations to attest to? Some of the best bongs I've used have been homemade.

2. ha makes me remeber the days of the gatorade bong with the disappearing carb.

3. Basically, what we ended up doing (it was still a work in progress when I told you about it), was to find a bowl that would fit into the hole that was made to spray the water (well, we actually cut a bigger hole to fit the bowl), and then brought the bowl down to Home Depot and found some plastic tubing (they have a large variety) that snugly fit the bowl and bought some silicon sealant (they sell it for fish tanks).

What the plan was, is to make it a bong/gravity bong hybrid.

Take the tubing and put it into the squirt-gun hole (it should be only a bit larger than you need, feel free to cut a little bit more away, but make sure the hose still fits snugly), and coat the perimeter with the silicon. The silicon takes 24 hours to dry, 48 hours to reach a state that's safe for this sort of process.

If it works the way I think it will, you can fill the squirtgun with a bit of water and hold it barrel-down (while the bowl is connected to the tubing face up, of course... just bend the plastic tubing-- though not to the point of constricting air flow). Then proceed to pull the squirt-gun the way you would as if you were filling it with water. If it works the way I believe it will, the suction will draw the smoke through the water, purifying it in the process as if it were a bong), then you can flip the squirtgun over, barrel to the sky (which will, of course result in the water going to the bottom) and you can proceed to take off the bowl and take your hit out of the plastic tubing.

So you get the mind-blowing hit of the gravity bong with the purification of a regular bong. :)