Squirrel!

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Napalm Buzz, Oct 19, 2010.

1. So I am a college freshman who happened to get stuck with the shittiest guys dorm on campus...but it didn't turn out to be too bad cause I met another person who likes to smoke in the same dorm as me and we smoke out his dorm almost every day. About two days ago, after killing a fat bowl from my friends new scorpion pipe, we decided to go play frisbee in the courtyard of our dorm. I got on the phone to talk to my brother about whatever, and I threw a bad throw to him and the frisbee landed by a tree.

After a while I look up and my friend is like signaling me over to the tree to look at something. I had no idea that what we would find, just laying in the dirt under that tree, is a baby squirrel, not even 5 weeks old(we looked up the descriptions of what age looked like what. His tail is furry but his eyes aren't open so we figured he's in his 4th week). After just watching him for a few minutes, thinking he was dead, we saw his body undulate from breathing!

I decided to pick him up and try to at least keep him warm, I wasn't about to leave him there to die or let him get eaten by ants or something. My friend said we could keep him in his dorm room, since his RA is the shit and mine is a douchebag. So we are going to try to nurse him back to health and release him back in the spring.

We hit up PetCo, got a syringe and some puppy formula(like the PetCo lady suggested to us) and now we are taking care of him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

His name is Brucey, incidentally, he might be a she, but the name is staying Brucey :confused_2:

2. It's..... kinda cute actually. I love animals when I'm high. I wish I could walk outside my dorm, play Frisbee, and find an almost dead animal to keep. :\

3. Yeah I don't mind these crappy dorms at all, there's like no cops around...everyone stays away because they're so crappy...it's so peaceful and quiet.

We also have a bayou running through the campus, I have a pretty kickass smoke spot until about 6pm when we can't rent canoes anymore.:devious:

4. Yay this thread mad me happy. Seems like most kids nowadays would try to blow it up or something stupid..

5. Well after holding him, or her, I just could not understand why any kid would do something like that to such an innocent animal. It's just way to cute to hurt

6. lol i did the same! except mine is now full grown and lives outside in a cage cus my mother is so attached to it, she would never let it outside or anything so it never got used to life outside so now its our pet.

7. Awww that is so cute.

You're like Rolf Harris dude.

8. So cute! Squirrels are the cutest thing ever, but 99.9% of them all dart into a tree when they see someone.

9. i raised a squirell too. its full grown now and lives in the tree outside my house we still feed him and everything its pretty cool. i got a picture of him when he was a baby.

Attached Files:

10. Omg want! I love squirrels dude, that's awesome

11. did he make a nest or something?

12. That's really nice of you, seems like Brucey is going to be all Okay!

13. Cute squirrel. I didn't know they could be domesticated. I guess I learn something new every day. Post updates if you can.

14. Hope the little guy makes a full recovery.

15. Thats great, dude, I mean it.

16. this^

im glad i found this thread. totally neat you can have it as a pet.

once it gets oldd enough can it just rape you. like attack you randomly?

man i wonder how it would be like the moment you let it go out in the wild for ever:eek:. he would have no friends or anything like taht .

creepy. i love squirrels though and this whole situation is so interesting and would love to hear more

17. I'm glad it has a fighting chance since we've heard how they can survive and be domesticated. Good luck!

My husband having grown up in Hawaii had a mongoose for a family pet. It came in through the dryer vent and was making noises in the dryer when they found it. they fed it and then it went out. It kept coming in the dryer vent everyday to get fed, and it learned to knock on the dryer door to be let in. cute! they named it rikki tikki of course (nothing original).

18. Keep us updated

Good job though

19. that things soooo cute! i want one :p

20. #20 Napalm Buzz, Oct 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2010
    He's doing good, I hate having to make him "go" though haha, it's kind of awkward. I have to rub his genitals to stimulate #1 and #2.

He didn't move much the first day, my guess would be because he was dehydrated. But he is very mobile especially right after feeding time.

I might put up a video of him feeding sometime today too