Sprouts

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Alistair Young, Jun 11, 2008.

1. I've got three sprouts all the same strain and two of them are developing at a good rate, but the third one seems to be stunted in growth. It has the 2 first true leaves situated between the 2 cotyledons and they started to open up. However, they never opened and instead closed up and pointed straight up towards the light. When leaves do that it seems to me that the plant needs more light, but the other two of the same strain are developing nicely. Perhaps the soil in this little sprout's cup is too moist? I can see that it has more moisture than the other ones. This little sprout is paler in color than the other two.

I've got three other sprouts of a different strain from the aforementioned sprouts, and they're happy too. So, I don't know if light is the problem since five sprouts seem to be doing well with the same light.

Who knows what the problem might be?

Thanks,

Alistair

2. Without a photo I cant be positive, but if it is what I think it is, that just happens sometimes. Its genetics/forming when it comes out of the seed.

3. Yeah, I don't have a camera. The sprout looks healthy, but it doesn't seem to want to develop.

Thanks,

Alistair

4. Sounds like the runt of the litter. The genetics are going to differ slightly from seed to seed. Some are going to be stronger and other's will have to be trashed.

5. Actually, it seems to me that I've seen the problem before, but my sprouts have never died. As you say, it's probably just the runt of the litter. It might have to be trashed, but so far I've never had to trash them.

Thanks CaliCoast

6. Right on. Yeah I'm not saying it will die but will probably not grow as vigorous as the rest of them. And by trashing it's really just about making more space in your grow room for better and more vigorous plants. So good luck bro, and I posted on your FFOF thread. I was blazed when I posted so if it's unclear just ask me to explain more :bongin:

7. Yeah, I saw your reply to my FFOF post. Thanks.

8. No prob. bro :bongin: