Sprouts started no leaves though?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ~Socrates, Dec 12, 2009.

1. I recently started my sprouts keep in mind this is the first time growing so trial by error I suppose. I have 2 right now, finishing up the actually grow space till I can do more. I put them in the soil like I said they were doing fine or I thought one was a little behind because I had done that one later so I was fine with that but now they are around 4 inches tall and it's still just the stem? No leaves or any sign of them? I was looking at some grow journals and peoples 1 week sprouts had leaves and a bit of them. So I'm just wondering if I already messed up.

2. It's hard to tell without more details, but I would say your light is not close enough and / or your rooms is to cold causing them to streach.

3. I think I might have found the cause, the tips of the plants were crispy like it was getting burned. I put a fan in there now hoping the airflow will prevent the burning. Could the burnt tips be the cause of no leaves?

And I just picked up 1 bag of this Miracle-Gro 8 Qt. Organic Choice Potting Mix - 72978659 at The Home Depot

for the cup soil, should I use the same soil when I move them to there bigger pots? I'm not to sure, home depot had slim pickings for some reason winter?

4. Took a picture hopefully that will help clear it up.

[​IMG]