Sprouting

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Joblizle, May 23, 2016.

1. I soaked my seeds I water for 24 hours. The root was about a 1/4 inch long. I planted in soil. Do I need light before it breaks the surface? And how long should it takers break the surface?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Cover your little ones with just enough soil to block light from the white root you see. Water them a little with some root solution like nitrozime. You can but them under your lights just as long as you don't let them dry out. Keep them warm and moist. If there is light as soon as they emerge you will be giving them a head start. They love light right off the bat. Just not anything too intense. Sunlight will dry them out and so will alot of high powered lights.

Put them under some cfl lights on the BLUE side of the spectrum. I used 75 watt daylight cfl bulbs. Put them an inch away from the little ones, or as close as you can without burning them. But with cfl bulbs that's not really an issue.

If you do that you will have seedlings in a few days. You need to be patient. Patience is key in raising anything. Do the research and show them love.

If you would like more detailed help with raising your seedlings into strong, hardy plants, just pm me.

Sent from my ASUS ZenFone 2E using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I give them light before they get out of the soil mainly to keep the soil warm. The lights not going to hurt them.

4. Heating the soil and keeping them moist is key. Just use the correct florescent lighting and you will be good to go.

Sent from my ASUS ZenFone 2E using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Thank you. I am doing exactly that

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app