Sprouting Trouble

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by HighFunctioning, Feb 23, 2010.

1. I germinated a couple seeds and one happened to sprout a couple days ago. When I moved and a few other seeds into my medium, the sprout grew like a half inch and stopped, and it is about half an inch tall now. None of the other seeds have sprouted either, and it has been around 2 days. I have 2 fans, 2 75-watt bulbs about 15" away yet nothing is happening. Please help?
    P.s. I know a sprout may seem insignificant but I went through a good deal getting the seeds, and as it is my first grow I want to keep it going.

2. (2) 75W bulbs? are these CFL's? if they are then you are likely looking at equivalent watts instead of real watts. sounds like 23W bulbs to me.

If they are CFL's then 15" is WAY TOO FAR! they should be 1"-4" away from the plants. basically as close as you can get them without burning the plants.

3. Yes they are CFL's. I will move them (waaay) closer and get an update tomorrow.

4. ok, so that means that they are 23W bulbs. if you have two of them, that's about enough to grow half a plant.

5. Faaaahk....What do I need to go and buy now?

6. more lights