Sprouting mandala satori seeds

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by cryptorchi1d, Feb 22, 2008.

1. monday night i started the germination process for my new grow. i have 6 white widow seeds from nirvana, 6 satori seeds from mandala, and some bag seeds. i wrapped them all up in soggy, folded-up paper towels and put them in ziplock bags, just like i always do.

its 3 days later, i checked all the seeds, and 2/6 of the bagseeds sprouted, all 6 of the widow seeds sprouted and have about an inch of root already, but the satori seeds have no sign of any intention to sprout. not even a opening in the seeds. so im gonna put em back in there and hope for the best.

my question is, for anyone who has grown satori before, if they have noticed an extended germination process or if there is any special tricks i should try i am open to suggestions. all feedback is welcome. thanks!

2. Don't know anything about satori but soaking them in water overnight helps as well as putting some sand paper in something like a matchbox and put the seeds in there and shaking the box around to lightly scratch the surface of the seeds. It makes it easier for the seed to open. Good luck:smoking:

3. satori seeds take a little longer to germinate

give it up to 2 weeks

Mine took 3-7 days but I've heard of others who have taken up to 2 weeks to germinate satori

4. Some seeds have a thick seed coat and require more something (time/water/ect) to sprout, in Greenhouse class I learned you can scratch the seeds a bit by using SSH's method and that will make it easier for the seeds to break out, make sure they're warm and wet (haha) and may just take a little bit extra time to sprout.