Sprouting leaves curling like claws

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Wolfsaver23, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Ok, so I'm a new beginner grower and to start my description, I used eight seeds of supposedly high quality no strain info, places them under a paper towel for a couple days till I saw roots emerge. Four of them I call them the first batch started while the others were barely poking through. I took those and placed them in soil then watered them about an inch or two circle diameter around where the sproutings came up, so there popping up and starting to stretch, the next batch of four same process, well I noticed I had my light the cdl spiral bulbs way to high for the first two days so I noticed them stetching. So I trained them by bending them aittle to make them stronger and well I figured it would help. So fast forward I didn't water the until I noticed the soil was Getting dry and well I added water but again only around the two Inch diameter and moved he lights about two to four inches above the lights then I noticed that the true leaves not the other ones starting to curle like claws, so I read some where that u should let the water drain out the bottum. And I had them on 24/7 but ma switching to 18/6 because I thought that they needed more room after seeing roots touch the bottum of there homes. Now I don't know what to do. I hope I didn't damage them can anyone help please

2. If it helps I can upload pictures of all eight plants there all growing not drouping yet but I would love to avoid tha

3. high!
    can we see them?
    if you will keep the temps around 73F during the seedling stage and keep the lights down on 'em close... like 4" or maybe less. never used those spiral bulbs, they won't stretch on ya.
    if they are in solo cups, you can bury them up deeper when you transplant.
    you definitely need drain holes in the container.
    it don't matter much at this stage, but you want to be careful fooling with the light schedule.

I think this may help you:
    Grow Schedule For Soil Growers

4. #4 Wolfsaver23, Mar 26, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
    14904988839151028238960.jpg 14904989108151784087759.jpg 1490498930203-1361124066.jpg 1490498941178786858919.jpg 1490498955608-1268701532.jpg

5. Sorry I'm just getting used to adding pics

6. lol. didn't work out as planned eh? you can edit it.
    they look fine.
    probably not the best choice for starting containers. try solo cups next time.
    you want to use a spray bottle to water them. no nutes yet!
    i would suggest the 73F, low lights, drainage holes and spray-water until it runs out the holes.
    a fan (light breeze) will strengthen the stems.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Okay thank you so much I'll take ur advice and do that, I hope to have better looking ones soon.

8. dont water until it runs out the holes, not right now anyway, the soil is wet, let it dry, they looks okay, the pots are way to shallow though, MJ loves growing long roots and then grow out.

mist the plants lightly in about 36 hours

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. you're gonna be needing pH. pen if you don't already have one.
    water should be around 6.5pH.
    glad to help, keep us posted!
    check that link i gave ya. groweedeasy has some good stuff also.

10. Okay I'll let them dry out I think it may have been me being too anxious and well being a new grower it's very exciting and okay although with limited resources I'm kinda stretched myself which sucks cause I'd love to make sure ever little aspect is perfect I greatly appreciate yalls help. Really I do such a great community !! I'll defd keep posting how things are going. I'll read up some on that website ya gave me and look for. a good pH pen !! Thank you again !!

11. also if youre on a budget there a sticky in one of the grow forums on cheap organic natural version of many nutrients which can get costly later on, for the next 3 weeks to a month you should be fine with just phd water.

12. Ooo goody !! Lol I'll look for that ya alot of the research said for the first couple weeks don't stress too much nutrients ,

13. I was recently recommended some nutes by a fellow grower on here.
    I contacted them as he suggested and here's the deal:

We are happy to provide new customers with samples, free of charge except for a nominal shipping/handling charge of $29.76. (This offer is available for shipping addresses in the USA only.)

Our preview pack contains the following products:

• KLN Concentrate™: 8 oz. - This is our rooting concentrate, which is used as a drench.
    • Pro-TeKt® The Silicon Solution®: 1 Qt. - Silicon is the 17th nutrient that strengthens your plants cell walls. This provides resistance to insects and diseases like powdery mildew. It also provides mechanical strength to the plant so it can better support heavy buds. Since silicon does not translocate within the plant, it must be used through the second to last week of the crop. Make sure to dilute first before mixing with other nutrients.
    • Foliage-Pro®: 1 Qt. - This is our base nutrient for vegetative growth. It has the perfect NPK ratio for cannabis and all 16 macro and micro nutrients in one solution.
    • BLOOM™: 1 Qt. - This is our base nutrient for flowering. It also has all 16 macro and micro nutrients including calcium. You will not need a separate cal-mag supplement.
    • Mag-Pro®: 1 Qt. - This is our bloom booster, which is comprised of additional magnesium, phosphorous, potassium and sulfur for taste.

So that’s it! Our products are complete, simple to use and very cost effective. Visit our website www.Dyna-Gro.com for more information. Just give us a call at 800-396-2476 with your payment and delivery information. If you plan on doing a larger scale trial, please give me a call.

Best Regards,

Alex J. Sevilla
    Vice President, Sales & Marketing
    DYNA-GRO™ Nutrition Solutions
    2775 Giant Road
    Richmond, CA 94806
    T (800) DYNA-GRO
    C (305) 951-7826
    alex@dyna-gro.com

14. Awhhh awesome thank you I'll deff give them a shot, thanks man !!

15. waiting on a blue dream to sprout myself.
    i expect it very soon now.

Attached Files:

16. Awhhhhh sick !! Does the anxiousness ever fade as experience comes ? I can't wait till they truly start to grow,

17. lol, not really; no.
    not for me yet anyway but the sprout-to-be there will only my 5th.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Oooo ic lol these are my first !! I'm just grateful all eight sprouted and at such rate, I didn't expect it to go so well up til now

19. Okay attaché is pics since the last time, the two torques pots are new I took the two smallest ones and translated them and gave them water and sprayed them but not by the lift I took them away from the light to do so, there are some improvements some are starting to form true leaves in the center small but surely. I bought a sprayer and some new soil I'll attach a pic I looked up different ways to ters pH levels with Sol with out a meter pen and that involves vinegar and baking soda I might but wrong but I think it might be between 5-6, how often should I spray these little guys and I haven't watered them since two days ago and I have the on the 18/6 schedule. I think I just prolonged them a week maybe but the leaves are growing so I'm excited !! My other question is should I change out the soil or wait ?

Attached Files:

20. You don't need to be misting or spraying them with anything. This is the time you want to do as little as possible, leave them alone and let them do there thing. Water when pots feel light. Forget about PH in soil. If the plants are growing and look healthy there's no need to check PH. In soil the nutrient availability range is a wider spectrum and you could end up causing lock outs. Also I don't know what light that is but you're going to need more, they're going to start stretching for light.