Sprouting Help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by xedice, May 13, 2005.

1. I have 100% germination rate (seeds pop open and show taproot) but I've tried a variety of dif methods and only got 3/20 seeds to sprout and show green leaves so far. Those are horrible odds.

How do you guys usually sprout your seeds? I put mine in stryofoam cups with wet soil, seed pointing up, covered lightly. They are in a box in a warm place, but I still can't get them to sprout reliably. I need some help. Its been about a week now, so I'm guessing the rest are dead, but I still have 10 seeds left to germinate and hope for a sprout. what method should I use?

2. i soak them in a cup of water in a warm place for 24 hours, then put into wet paper towel between 2 plates till they sprout... i get 90% rate

3. i just put mine on some paper towels an they sprouted

4. Wait a minute, you are saying you wait until the leaves pop up in the paper towel? I can get the seeds to pop and show the white root, I just can't get them to make their green leaves show through the soil.

5. I just use straight paper towel and when they bust out i put the tap root down and keep it moist. I have a humidity dome i put them in and they all come right up. 100%