sprouter

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by sitjaspliff, Apr 11, 2009.

1. hi i germinated my seed using the paper towel method and put in soil once the root tip was visible- i have done this about 4 days ago but still no sprout?? my grow room temperature is between 65-75F. do i need light for this stage???

2. i used light.

some say it doesnt matter because of the fact its underground and theres no light anyway.

give it a few more days.. also did you put the root tip facing down in the soil when u planted it?

3. when i did mine I used grow pellets from a burpee grow station that you can find at home depot .. I poked a hole using a pencil in the center of the soil made from the pellet.. then using tweezers placed the seed at the first sign of a root or base stem , whatever you call it ..

I used the tweezers to hold the baby while inserting it into the soil and softly used the pencil to push soil against the base stem ... BUT , I did NOT put the seedling too deep.. I left the seed shell itself exposed to the light... and in a couple days if not that day within 6 to 8 hours the seedling popped up and I gently removed the seedling's shell ;)

presto .. a few days later a good ole leaves and a strong stem... heh... unfortunately for me I tend to stretch my babies somehow :( ??:confused:

4. Patience. Can take a week or more.

5. thanks guys was worried i was after doing something wrong..