Sprouted: How long to Rockwool?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MagniKhan, Jul 31, 2009.

1. OK my seeds have sprouted in Rapid Rooters. How long do you think I should wait to put them in larger Rockwwol cubes? And at that point should I start them on a low nute mix or just water (distilled of course)?

Attached Files:

• aa.jpg
      aa.jpg
      File size:
      144.2 KB
      Views:
    • as.jpg
      as.jpg
      File size:
      90.3 KB
      Views:
    • dd.jpg
      dd.jpg
      File size:
      119.4 KB
      Views:
    • ds.jpg
      ds.jpg
      File size:
      89 KB
      Views:
    • dx.jpg
      dx.jpg
      File size:
      107.5 KB
      Views:
    • ss.jpg
      ss.jpg
      File size:
      114.2 KB
      Views:
  2. Why didn't you start them in rockwool?

3. They don't hold moisture as well. I just dropped the seeds in the rooters, kept them moist and bam spouts. They fit in the hole in the Rockwool perfectly.

4. So you germinated in the rapid rooters...?

Can't you just grow in the rapid rooters and not even use rockwool???

5. I my drip system ( and most I've seen ) you need the rockwool to act as a base for the plant and roots. Without it , it would fall over and not hold any nutes long enough for the roots to absorb.

6. i have a dwc hydro setup that i am about to start using and was going to use rapid rooters and place them in net pots with hydroton.

Your saying that wouldnt work well?

7. No, I'm not saying that at all. I'm WAY to new at this to have a real opinion on most subjects!:confused:
    I'm saying that in the setup that I'm using and have researched, that the rockwool cubes are necessary!

8. oh ok. I am new to this too.

Do you think what I am doing would work, based on your research?

9. Here's a link to a nice DIY DWC , I know the guy that did this step by step also post here under the same name.

But form what I read there , yes it should work fine.

10. The question still stands. How long or what signs before I place my rooters in rockwool?