sprout problems

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by mayroll, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Ok so I'm freaking out right now cause I finished school and figured I would check in on the plants and see how they're doing and I saw this :confused: I really need help right now, any ideas? The temps have been the same as before (76-86, I know it's hot but they were growing before and looking nice and green) What could have caused this and what can I do to save them? C'mon someone out there must know :hello:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. AAAAARRRGGGGHHH !!! IT BURNS !!!

A combo of heat and very stong soil/nutes has done this.

Lower your temps right away.
    Get some new soil with no nutes in it.

For now, try a good flush of the soil. Be gentle.

And say a prayer.

Freak
    :smoke:

3. Right now it is in Fox Farm's Light Warrior and I haven't given any nutes. I've just given Superthrive twice. Or is Superthrive considered a nute? And as for temps I can't do much right now until I buy an A/C which should be in a week. I did take the plant out from the lights and just put it outside (It's about 72-74 right now). Is putting them outside gonna keep them alive till next week you think?

4. Sometimes (depending on strain) FF soils run a bit hot for seedlings/young plants.
    With the addition of Superthrive - its starting to chemically burn.

U will have to either flush, or repot in a cooler soil.

U also have to be careful now...u've taken them outside.
    When u take them inside, u are cross-contaminating
    your grow space, inviting a myriad of pests and diseases
    into your grow space. A definite no - no.

Freak

5. So would it be better to throw them back in peat moss and perlite until thy get their 1st true set of leaves then do light warrior? Okay ill flush and put in peat moss and perlite if that sounds good. They're in 6in pots. How much should i pour for a flush? And yeah i thought of that after. Good thing only the super crispy one was put outside :)

6. Why dont u just put some drain holes in the bottoms of their containers and flush them.
    Always use 3x the amount of water to container ratio (ie - for a 1 gal, use 3 gals water).

The plants are in rough shape, thats why Im not recommending a replant.

This process will cool off the soil and u should be good to go.

When u see them improving, repot.

I usually (strain dependant) wait until the third set of true leaves have appeared to
    start feeding.

Good luck.

Freak

7. Okay sounds good. I'll do that when I get home tonight. Thanks for your help :smoke:

8. U R very welcome. Good luck.

Freak