Sprout + Lights

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by A-Jay, May 23, 2004.

1. Okay this could turn out to be a very stupid question :)

I just put my germinated seed in the soil. Now I was wondering (since it can take about 2,5 days untill they sprout right) whether I can turn my lights on when they sprout or should I put them on right now? I kinda figured I could wait till the plant pops up but I could be wrong for some reason :) Like I said I just want to be sure :)

2. yip you were thinking straight, just wait till it pops through the soil, before putting the light/lights on........unless you need to increase the temp, when some growers would put the light on to help increase the temp of the soil..........Peace out.........Sid

3. What's the ideal temp? It's a closed enviroment and it's about 80 degrees (27 degrees Celcius). I could lower the temp by putting my blowing fans faster but I want to keep it as quiet as possible because I sleep in the same room :)

4. that's fine, if it stays at 80 throughout the grow, but you'll need to allow some fresh air to enter the room too.......usually by means of extraction, the extracting fan sucks the air out, and draws in fresh air from under the door etc..........Peace out.........Sid

5. Extraction has been taken care of just need to figure out a way to get the fresh air in...but I'm sure I'll be inventive enough to make that work. Thank for the info, I know enough to get started now.... exciting :D

6. hi man i had the same problem i simply drilled a few holes in my space where i m growing i hopw that helps

7. Drilling holes is not going to work for me. I'm growing in a glass cabinet so I made some airducts. I made a thread on the Grow Room Design/Setup board:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40237