Sprout Leaves Turn Yellow...Plant Dieing? Pix

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by macboi09, Apr 10, 2010.

1. This is my 1st grow... i have videos on blog for week 1 n week 2 of my growing...but i think my plant are dieing

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. How about transplanting the plant? Something slightly bigger with decent soil. Looked like you just watered it, so wait until it gets nice and dry: will make the transplanting much easier. Do not provide nuts as it is still very young: someone say giving nuts to young plant is like expecting a six month old baby to eat a full steak meal.

By the way, how often do you water it?

Good luck with your plant!

3. thnx and i water it often

4. You may have heard about "do not overwater and overfeed" the plant. Lots love does more harm I guess. At any given stage water only when the pot is dry: lift the pot, if it is heavy then it does not need watering. Or put your finger into the soil, if it is moist, then wait for a day... Too much water will wash out all the initial nut in the soil, not to mention causing root rot..

5. Def overwatered...transplant to dry or they might die being in that condition at such a young age

6. I just transplant it in dry soil...Now Wait...?

7. Yes. Wait, watch it closely: If you got good soil for transplanting, then the soil would be slightly moist. Look out for signs of dried up soil. Then water: soak it till water runs off the bottom. You will be surprised to see the new growth.

8. Don't know what soil you are using but, I will give a :hello: to the Organic Fox Farm, holds a moist soil, with care is very aerated. Excellent balance of organic nutrients bat guano, manure, seagull manure etc. I have been growing a mammoth sunflower just for fun. I hear the flowers they bloom are 1 ft across.

just my .02 cents:wave:

9. To answer the op and the tread title....no

The sprout leaves will die off after a couple of weeks or so after the seed sprouts. As the plant grows, the same thing will happen to other leaves (usually the lower, older leaves) so don't worry about that either if it is just a few here and there but the rest of the plant looks good.

I grew in coconut fibre just recently and it was very easy (first and prob only time using soil) to use. A little expensive but as I said very easy and forgiving. I usually water it every second or third day (but did go longer on occasion) and had no problems.

The soil is good to go straight out of the bag so just the ph in the water right and you are set.

Try not to transplant too much as this can stress them and turn hermie......:(

10. My guess is the OP planted in Miracle Grow Potting mix with continuous release plant food, then watered the hell out of it.

You can get good results with MG as long as you don't over water or add any nutrients. The biggest thing is that you will have to add a step at harvest to flush the plant (cut and place in distilled water)

11. Yea but his plants are drooping and his true leaves are yellowing as well...they should be holding themselves up and not droop or yellow...they will die eventually but not now...like I said transplant to dry soil and moisten it...water slow and through to make sure there are no dry spots within the soil as that causes problems too...depending on the soil you are using it may be too hot for your plant meaning too much added ferts...I recommended Ocean Forest soil all organic no time release crap nutes...all in all either transplant or let the soil you have your plants in dry out...invest in a pH pen as well because sometimes pH issues look like other problems I know from experience...good
    Lluck man!

12. Thnx for all the advice. I"m going to post more pix to show yall how its doing.

I'm also trying to make it go in it flowering stages early, also topping later on during the plant's life..

13. #13 macboi09, Apr 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2010
    Update:

Two days after transplanting

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]