spring of green grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by fredlnoakes, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Don't know if this is a common practice or not. It is an early Indoor/outdoor sea of green. The idea of this kind of grow comes from a friend of mine and kinda of goes against logic and most common mj growing methods but it works.

Last year a friend of a friend showed me some plants budding on their own in June in michigan. Crazy right. I thought he was crazy when he was showing me the location of the plants. It was deep thick forest! I wasn't expecting much of anything just thin wispy plants but what I saw kinda shocked me. Small healthy looking plants with beautyful looking full little buds. In june!

what my friend told me was he had the plants on 24/7 light and he put the plants outdoors when around 6'' inches tall. The combination of being shocked into a lot less light, shorter spring days (still over 12 hours i think) and little direct sunlight put them into flowering immedietly and kept them there.

The plants were kinda in a valley and I'm guessing got maybe 3 or 4 hours of direct sunlight maybe less, then well shade. I think this worked well because the plants were started being very healthy indoors and were very small. If they were seeded there they would probably be very lousy and falling over. If they were much taller I think it would take more energy to produce buds and the final product would be much less quality.

I got to smoke the bud from the plants. He only had 2 or 3 females and one male total. The plants ended up small around 3 grams per plant i'm guessing. He rolled it up into a large blunt on the fourth of july. It got us very stoned. The flavor was marginal for home grown though. A little leafy and slightly harsh, (could have a drying issue though) it was very resinous. Definitely tolerable though.:smoking:

Basically this is a very simple grow with not much effort and resources put into the soil like a long season grow. Just start a ton of small plants indoors, put them in the forest in the spring as early as possible and watch them grow nice little buds.:)

2. feel free to let me know what you think of this type of grow. If it is worth it or not. I enjoy pats on the back and that a boy's. jk LOL.

3. I think it's a neat idea, and I'd be willing to try something like it if I had a serious excess of seeds-

The only thing I would be a little worried about is if I wanted to use a good strain from some ordered (feminized) seeds, it crosses my mind that the light stress would greatly increase the chance of producing hermies...:eek:, since femmed seeds are more likely to hermi anyways- but if a guy had a good strain resilient to herming, I don't see why this wouldn't be a good method (if it works everywhere, besides just your neck of the woods) as long as your main priorities are not on quantity or much quality-

i.e. if you dont really care too much what you get, cuz you don't have time to take care of it that well anyways, this might be a safer way to get some plants out there and get em harvested before hunters and rippers pose a larger threat-

GL

4. I would not use dank seeds for this type of grow. It's not gonna be the kind anyway. Just use your midgrade semillas. I was just excited to see that there is a new way to grow mj that I haven't read about. you're right there would probably be some hermies in the mix. I would'nt worry about them though and you would'nt have to take care of them much.