spring harvest?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by stoned one 559, Mar 13, 2013.

1. I started a plant indoor late december,bagseed from cherry cookies.I kept it under 24 hrs of light till about a week ago and it looks like its going to be a female.do you think i will be able to get a spring harvest or will the plant go back to veg

Attached Files:

2. Depends where you are. If you are in the states then yes it will stay in veg until late summer/early fall. 12 hours of dark is what keeps plants flowering. More than 12 hours of light and they will stay in veg. March 17th is when days hit 12/12 and continue to get longer days (in the states) so after that day the plant will not flower. If you want a spring harvest then you will need to keep indoors or somehow cover it to give 12 hours of darkness.

3. 12/12 is for the indoor garden section, not outdoors, but yea it won't finish in time. iirc plants will flower outside at 14 hrs. The days are getting longer so the plant will know its not fall. You will need to cover it or bring it inside/outside for it to finish.

4. #4 Sgtstadanko707, Mar 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2013
    I have 6 ladies out side that are starting to flower. They will finish but you might need to help it along. Once it's starts hitting around 13 hrs if light I will cover them with 50 gal garbage bags until
    The sun goes down.

5. Do this. Otherwise the most likely outcome is that your plant DOES flower, and gets reverted into veg mid-flower. I hear its pretty unhealthy to do to your plant.

6. #6 KillerKush87, Mar 13, 2013
    12/12 happens outside on March 17th and daylight increases in length from there meaning it will no longer flower. When you do that indoors it's because you try to mimic what happens outdoors naturally. Not saying you are wrong, just clarifying what I meant. Days grow longer very quickly so the longer after March 17th, the more flowering will be interrupted.

7. Set a mature plant outside on April 1st.....it will flower...it will keep flowering till it starts revegs in mid June-july. And give you fluffy shitty buds in Sept-Oct.

FTR spring equinox is on March 21st. The 17th is St. Patrick's Day.......

8. I had a plant in mid april flower but my other 5 didn't. I killed her in june

9. Cover it up completely with a towel garbage bag ect so it has less light do this till the day you harvest

Sent from my iPhone 5S using GC Forum.

10. #10 KillerKush87, Mar 13, 2013
    Yes the 17th is St. Pats day but it is also when daylight hits 12 hours daylight. I am not arguing about flowering, I guess I've just never set a mature plant outside in April, I always plant them at that time so flowering is the last thing on my mind for an outdoor grow. My main point was that it may flower for a bit but it will be not as efficient as it would be with better conditions. The yield that the original poster would get from setting his plant outside at that time would suffer. I am assuming he wanted to know if it would be worth it to do because no one purposely wants shitty results after growing for months. That is what would happen by flowering a plant for a month and reverting back to veg.

Here it is... 40-55 latitude is march 17th.

http://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/equinox-not-equal.html

11. What does 12 hours of light have to do with anything? Plants don't go by 12/12 indoors. That's just the number indoor growers have agreed is best for indoor plants. Really plants flower with anything less than 14 hours light.

Ps-Forgive me if I missed some early point you made.

12. Your grass needs to be cut