Spring break @ Yellowstone

Discussion in 'General' started by Xylon, Sep 27, 2006.

1. So the other day my girlfriend and I were discussing options for this coming year's spring break, most notably including (but not limited to) Cali road trip (aka find as much club bud possible and bring it back), Jamaica (self explanatory), and Amsterdam (my version of heaven). See a trend yet? ;P

We decided to continue discussing it later when we were amongst friends who might even come along, when all of a sudden she came up with the idea of driving to yellowstone and spending 4-5 days there.

Her reasoning for it was this: Epic smoking spots, camping (something that I've been aching to do for years now since I stopped, + she's never gone camping), and doing something other than the typical college spring break (aka lose as many articles of clothing as possible and drink till your liver decides it's time for early retirement).

After throwing it around in my head, the idea is really growing on me, but I have a few questions.

1) What's the weather like during the spring time up there? Blazing hot, freezing cold, etc?
    2) How easy would it be to bring a decent amount (1-2 oz) of pot without getting caught (from Texas) + get it in the park? I do realize that the first part of this question really just points to "don't get pulled over and don't let them search you" but still.
    3) Has anyone done this before? Is it easy to maintain your privacy in the camping areas (visual is what I'm mostly worried about here)

2. I have never been to Yellowstone, though I plan on it in the next few years. The weather in the springtime is probably warm in the daytime (70-80) and prolly around 60 at night, that's just a guess. As I see it, as long as you don't get pulled over and dont smoke in plain sight of the authorities, you should be fine. I reccomend you get some duct tape, go in your tent, tape up the zipper seams, and hotbox the fuck out of it.

3. I love Yellowstone! I went there after I graduated High School for my senior trip or whatever. We smoked a bunch, we were even able to find some bud in Colorado on the way there. We went backwoods backpacking/camping for like 4-5 days. It was tiring but fun. I also went there a bunch when I was a kid living in Idaho. I imagine it would probably be pretty cold around spring break. We went there in the summer and we still saw some snow. I drove from Texas also and we had no problem with the pot. We smoked the whole way there and back. In the public camp grounds we had to try to be a little stealthy, but backwoods we just chiefed and chiefed and fished.

4. That sounds downright awesome man, I'd love to do something like that.

Right now we're strongly considering two options: Cali and Yellowstone.

We really want to go to SoCal and basically tour the area, picking up a zip here and there of different club strains so we can bring them back and have some nice stockpiles for a while (if we can find the connect once we get there), but at the same time this Yellowstone thing is really tempting as well.