Spread the DORMANT Wealth!

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Digit, Nov 25, 2004.

1. Spread the DORMANT Wealth!

it's not doing anything.... why not spread it around to people who would do something with it? kinda like what the rich do with land... loan it out to the poor for the chance to make a living or some money off it... why not do that with money. I know one person who does this.... Prince Charles, the Prince of Wales. 5 grand to just about anyone with a business idea. ... though depending on where you live you may have to go through some real assholes working for real asshole organisations to get at it.

so, why don't more rich people do that? if they have a load of money lying around, why not invest it in a poor person. or loan it out to them, or take a gamble.... just do something with it! cashflow is what our economy is built upon.... so get it flowing! all of it!

2. i've heard of this program in the US, where rich families could "adopt" a poor family...

I think it tackleq the same ethic as your idea, Digit.

++

now to answer thequestion why:

because we have been tought all our lives that what is
    important is /our/ bank account, /our/ wealth, our /well-being/,
    not other peoples...

3. They do something with it, Digit, and I was quite disgusted by what they do. I've been on an eBay kick lately and some fucking dildo head spent $28,000 on a stupid grilled cheese sandwich that had the fricken' Virgin Mary on it. eBay deemed it legit and allowed some dimwit to pay $28,000 dollars for a stupid grilled cheese sandwich when a whole fuckin' town of homeless people could have been fed today on Thanksgiving. Shit like that pisses me off.

As far as what we're taught during our lives.....everyone is taught differently. My father is a money person so his big deal was that I invest and not make stupid financial decisions. My father is concerned about what he'll have in the end....when it no longer matters. My mother isn't like that. She's all about knowledge. Money is for paying bills so that you can live and gain more knowledge. My mother has never told me that the main thing that matters is money....it's your mind and your heart.

Eh, I need to get ready for this Thanksgiving stuff today...we do our eating at night so we can die from heartburn in peace in our own comfy beds. :D I didn't mean to interrupt your thread but I've been pissed off about that grilled cheese sandwich for days now.

4. exactly, poor people have been taught all their lives "the value of money", so we'd use it way more efficiently. ;)

... More Lottery winners please! free lottery tickets for everyone!

heh, but yeah, you're only making more financially rich people that way. its all really about the use of resources, though most people are unwilling to think of life without money.

ya didn't interupt the thread rumjil, yer part of it.
    been havin cheese toasties for days now. till the cheese ran out, too lazy (broke) to get more.