Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Sprays have me concerned

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by AnAverageSmoker, Feb 16, 2010.

1. So i buy off a guy whos number i got off a friend. He doesnt grow it himself, he just gets it and sells it on but i have been thinking... i dont even know where this bud is coming from, how its grown, handled whatever. This bud could be grown by someone whos only interest is too make the biggest profit he can which means he could be trying to grow bud as quick as possible therefore possibly spraying the plants to make them flower quicker... Also he could be cutting out preparation time therefore not making sure its spray free and letting bud cure (sometimes you get damp bags here and there) before distributing it. If so what chemicals would be in these sprays, would they affect me if i took them into my lungs?

should i be concerned? any good plan of action i should take?

2. I come across medical bud that sometimes isn't cured or dried or trimmed properly, you can't really avoid it. I think you're being a little paranoid about the spraying of the plants

3. not really any way to tell, there are an abundance of illegal substances like this. Some of them include pesticides, fertilizers, hormones, etc. Many of these chemicals come from mexico, where they are used frequently. Aldicarb is just one chemical in many latin american pesticide that can cause all sorts of negative side effects, such as weakness, blurred vision, nausea, vomiting, and tremors. However, im not really sure if it remains intact after being combusted, but deffinately not safe for eating. I guess thats just what we get for buing illegal substances;).

4. thanks for the replies. I did think to myself that i was just being paranoid but thinking about it, its not really something i want to taking into my body if this is the case. See these kind of side effects you mention here are really not what i am wanting after ripping a bowl full of dank. I guess the only way to really know whats really being done is by growing yourself but I'll have to wait a while before that can happen.

5. Depending on where you live kinda depends on what goes into your stuff. Most of my green comes from canada, specifically BC, and they probably can afford legit chemicals and whatnot. Also, depending on the quality you buy, you could be safer. Higher profit growers can probably afford good chemicals

6. imho your being over paranoid. think about it, nearly everything you take into your body has a good chance of having harmful chemicals on them. The food you eat, the water you drink, and all kinds of stuff have bad chemicals in them. Its not just because its illegal, its because this nation is driven by greed. Whatever they can do to make more money, easier, and faster, they will do.

7. Coming from Scotland, i have the feeling it could either be grown in Glasgow or brought up from London so i really dont know... hopefully they do have safe chemicals, i have been going to this guy for about 6 months maybe more, surely i would have been affected negatively by now if they werent safe. Thanks again for taking time to reply.