Spraying Seltzer Water on your foliage. Added benefit co2?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Cannible Ox, Aug 17, 2010.

1. I swear I read on someone thread that they use seltzer water to spray and that it gives off co2 ass an added benefit.

Can someone confirm this?

better yet, which of you do this?

thanks for the info, I cant find that post to give credit to the dude.

2. It's extremely unlikely the CO2 released would be in sufficient quantity to do anything.

Also spraying your foliage with water is a great way to get mold.

3. so you never spray your ladies during flower or do you have a stopping point?

4. As quoted from Ed's handbook: "Plants can be supplied with CO2 by spraying them with carbonated or seltzer water (salt free soda water). ...especially convenient to use on small plants such as seedlings, rooted clones...."

However, he also states that CO2 in the roots will harm them. CO2 and O2 compete against each other. I've been reading and a lot of other people on other forums shy away from spraying carbonated water on their leaves. Its a good idea but only for smaller plants and in moderation. Once your plants get larger, you'll need to supplement them with something more concentrated like a tank.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. "As quoted from Ed's handbook: "Plants can be supplied with CO2 by spraying them with carbonated or seltzer water"

Hogwash.

J

6. When my clones show 1 root....I make them work.....nothing goes on the leaves....unless a pm issue then its neem, milk, garlic or just tap works....the ph is off and it has chlorine still in it.

7. ...and after they spray the plant with seltzer they all climb back into the clownmobile and drive away honking their noses.

8. i wouldn't do that. you could however put a bowl of it in the room and let it evaporate although i doubt it would give any benefit at all really. 

9. dude just make a co2 reactor from baking yeast OR do it properly ($$$$s)