Spraying my babies to make them strong

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by sgtstadanko, Jul 23, 2011.

1. I was wondering if it was good to spray my ladies down ( like it's raining). Will this make them thinker an stronger. I do it at night so not worried about burning them

2. If you're hitting them at an angle and kind of pushing them over, it can be beneficial. Just like high winds, as long as you're not doing damage, it will cause micro-tears in the plant tissue. These tears will repair and make the stalk/branches stronger.

I would say that night time is not a great idea, though. You're asking for mold. You should always do your watering in the morning, or close to it. This goes for all plants. Only water at night if you absolutely have to. Also, I'm pretty sure the burning thing is a myth (if we're talking about the same thing.) I read an article debunking it recently. If I find it, I'll let you know.

3. if they have buds do not spray them it will wash the plant i hate rain on my out door grow when my hogs are full of roses the water will wash the trikes off . big bad thunderstorms .

4. I live up in Nor cal where it's still pretty hot out side so not to much of a problem with mold but I will start spraying them in the morning.

5. Stop spreading misinformation. Trichomes are not water soluable. You could dip the entire plant in a bucket of water and not lose a single bit of THC.

6. Yea I knew that. I figured the only bad part about spraying buds is the get heavy an if not properly held up they Could bend an break. I know because I did that on accident last season