Spraying mist water on your buds for added potency??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Ferb, Feb 15, 2011.

1. One of my friends told me that if you spray mist on your dry buds, more THC will grow on them...is this true?Can anyone show me proof to back up why they say yes or no? :confused: :smoke:

2. I can't tell if you're trolling. That extra 'THC' is called mold and will fuck up your lungs. LOL @ your friend if he's actually doing this.

3. A few drops (1-3 drops) of water just before a smoke session will make the bud stick better together (for bongs and so on) but that's is the ONLY time that your bud should be in contact with water after harvest. The drier the better.

4. do you mean this as a growing technique only cause otherwise this sounds nuts, and not even sure about the growing thing

5. #5 vwbitts, Feb 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2011
    i heard a misting before smoking can possibly release more THC to be consumed

and it lowers the temp. of the bowl so vapors happen

6. Considering he said 'more THC will grow on them', I don't think he meant just prior to smoking.

7. well they're are some pretty experienced growers on this site i would think if misting like with a fern was a good way up the THC potency they would know about it

8. +rep for common sense and a thread-ending post. :hello:

9. good way ta ruin a crop..can you say mold and bud rott:smoke:might get a buzz from the med for the lung infection:p

10. #10 dm1950, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2014
    how could misting the bud once a week or so be any different than rain? wouldn't wet any that's already dried and cured. a lot of conflicting information on here also one post will say how great something is and another post will say how bad that same thing is!

11. I haven't seen anything on here that indicates misting or wetting mature bud is a good thing. Last year a bunch of outdoor growers had major problems with bud-rot due to rains in late September. Keep those mature buds dry!

12. #12 Emma & Dave, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2014
    Misting/foiliar feeding is dangerous and can cause crop endangering problems.
    With that said, i spray my plants every 3 days up to week 4 of flower....

Some foiliar feeds can increase crop potency. Yes. But simply water on its own would only increase the RH around the plant increasing respiration.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Grasscity Forum mobile app