spraying leaves

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by zcolgan, Jun 13, 2008.

1. is it or good to spray your leaves when the sun is beating on your plant.. some say it cools it down and stops the sun from burning it.. but some say the water magnifys the sun and causes the leaves to burn.. who should i believe

2. Only spray your plants during lights out, preferably right after. Spraying them during the sun hours can cause burning.

3. If its under flourscent bulbs and are cool whites, should be alright, but water at night outside as well as spraying the leaves. If you spray the leaves in 90 plus weather. it will burn your leaves specially if the plant is young.

4. Hey I'm the one that told you about this in the droopy leaves thread.

I have never done it with MJ but a few years back my parents where away for a week and I watered the lawn before noon in the summer and a few days of that killed the lawn. It turned it to a burnt brownish greenish color.

So even if you don't see signs of it burning right away it will catch up to you. The plant does not need wet leaves so better safe then sorry right.

5. I hear spraying with carbonated water can be beneficial, anyone tried it?

6. i spray with the lights on. with MH HPS and outside in my garden...the only time it will burn is if your lights are toooo close.
    spraying the leaves is the best hydration for the plant.

here is the leaf structure.....

A leaf is made of many layers that are sandwiched between two layers of tough skin cells (called the epidermis). The epidermis also secretes a waxy substance called the cuticle. These layers protect the leaf from insects, bacteria, and other pests. Among the epidermal cells are pairs of sausage-shaped guard cells. Each pair of guard cells forms a pore (called stoma; the plural is stomata). Gases enter and exit the leaf through the stomata.

Most food production takes place in elongated cells called palisade mesophyll. Gas exchange occurs in the air spaces between the oddly-shaped cells of the spongy mesophyll. Veins support the leaf and are filled with vessels that transport food, water, and minerals to the plant.

the only way they will burn is if you are using a foilage (nutrient) spray in mid-day.

that is my opinion on this matter.
    but regular water with your lights at 18 inches and an aircooled system you are fine.

7. carbonated water is said to add some co2!!!!!i have not tryed this but i have read that this is so.

8. someone should try to test this...i am a botanist not a scientist but i could see where the benefits could occur.