spotty leaves

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Stan the man, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Hello people,I have noticed a problem with the leaves about midway down from the top of the stem.Newer growth seems ok.Another plant that had had identical treatment seems ok. Can anyone identify the problem?

Attached Files:

2. are you fertilizing? If so, what brand and what strength (N-P-K)

What kind of soil are you using? Fertilized soil? if so, what strength?

Answer these and i can help out :D :wave:

It sounds/looks like a nutrient burn

3. Thanks.I'm using mother earth super tea bloom. .50 1.50 2.0. I used baby bio compost and didnt fertilising for two weeks after repotting.

I started using the fertiliser at 10 mls per 4 litre then swithched to 15 mls per 4 litre (highest strength recommended). I suspected over nutrition and leeched the soil before giving 200 mls of fertiliser(10 mls per 4 litre). Wasn't sure if this was the right thing to do.

4. I'm almost 100% certian thats not over fertilization, looking at ur pics I have a really think you have more of a pH issue on your hands, looks to me like your ferts are more than sufficent and the spots are tell-tale signs of "Lockout". When was the last time you checked the pH of the soil/water?

*Some pH info for you from this link : http://www.overgrow.com/growfaq/1112*

PH - The pH of water after adding any nutrients should be around 5.9-6.5 (in rockwool, 5.5-6.1). Generally speaking, the micro-nutrients (Fe, Zn, Mn, Cu) get locked out at a high pH (alkaline) above 7.0, while the major nutrients (N, P, K, Mg) can be less available in acidic soil or water (below 5.0). Tap water is often too alkaline. Soils with lots of peat or other organic matter in them tend to get too acidic, which some dolomite lime will help fix. Soil test kits vary in accuracy, and generally the more you pay the better the accuracy. For the water, color-based pH test kits from aquarium stores are inexpensive, but inaccurate. Invest in a digital pH meter ($40-80), preferably a waterproof one. You won't regret it.

Wal-mart has a pH testing kit for 9 bucks (CND) and it comes with pH up, and down to correct any problems. I have a pic of the test kit in the first link in my signature.

Hope that helps