Spots on leaves.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Kellycb550, Aug 26, 2016.

1. [​IMG]

What are these spots? They came in earlier this week I have not yet add any nutes to her. She's in fox farm ocean forest with just regular tap water. Any ideas on what this is and how to fix it?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I'm not a pro by any means, but always let your tap water set out for a couple to few days before using.it allows all the impurities to evaporate.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. The only thing that evaporates when you let water sit out is chlorine. And that only happens if your water has chlorine, as opposed to chloromine which doesn't evaporate. You have to check with your water treatment facility to find out which they use in the water. Either way i've never heard of chlorine doing that. I've had burn spots from water droplets on the leaves with high intensity light but that's a product of magnification, as best I understand it.

4. So it's something in the water that's doing it? I've been trying to collect rain water cause ive heard that it's neutral.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. I use filtered water,you can smell the chemicals in the water were I live. I won't drink it.I've always been told if I use tap water to do that.thanks for info also.this isn't my first batch, but I'm a novice grower.that why I made sure and said I wasn't a pro.lol.