spotify?

Discussion in 'General' started by RisenFromAshes, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Anyone use spotify premium on their Android? I'm thinking about getting it bcuz I use spotify/pandora at work but it uses data constantly. Apparently with spotify premium you can play all of your downloaded music offline so you wouldn't be using data. I read somewhere that you can only play the same song 5 times? Hope that isn't the issue in the US. So basically I want to be able to play all of my favorite music offline without using data on my galaxy S3. Should I get spotify premium or does anyone have any other ideas?

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using GC Forum

2. :-(

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using GC Forum

3. #3 Pete Robbins, Mar 17, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2020
    I also listened to Spotify Premium and it was great. You can download premium apk on

4. Spotify is probably one of the most frivolous expenses I have. But I use it so often.

I play my playlists offline while onsite at work, or in the car. No data required and I’ve never had any limitations. If there’s any cap on listens, I’ve never reached it with daily use.

Edit: and there I go getting sucked into an ancient post.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. I have Spotify, Sirius, and Amazon Music and use Spotify for music I want to download and listen to offline. For general music stations I tend to use Sirius. There is no 5 time cap on Spotify songs. The only thin I have noticed is that of you put the app in offline mode, and dont reconnect online every so often your songs will stop working. It is how they verify licensing and account status to make sure you arent just downloading a ton of music and then cancelling the service.

• Like Like x 1
  6. @Pete Robbins
    Spotify Premium is not an app, it’s a subscription. There is only one app.:D
    When you install you have to create an account. That account will be a “free” account by default, with all the restrictions that come with that. You will be asked if you want to subscribe to premium. If you do, then your account will be upgraded and you will get the benefits wherever you log into Spotify after that.:thankyou:

• Like Like x 1
  7. When it comes to Spotify, I need to share a powerful tool with you. It supports free and premium Spotify users to listen to Spotify music offline legally. This tool is DRmare Music Converter for Spotify and I had used it for a long time. It works great.

8. Spotify is the way to go ㄟ( ̄▽ ̄ㄟ)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. I use Apple Music

10. There isn't a cap. Once you get premium you can listen to any song you want an unlimited amount of times. Though you can only listen to your downloaded songs in offline mode.

However, if you just want to listen to your music offline without using any data, spotify is probably not a best choice. There are free music apps out there, like MP3 Downloader or something like that, and it works similar to iTunes in that you would put in all your downloaded music in there, and you can play them however many times you want (no ads).

11. 30-40/month for cricket unlimited data. Screw spotify prem!

12. Newbie here! Do you know some tool like Spotify Mp3 Converter ?Acutually I am Spotify free user now I am considering to purchase Spotify Premiun or 3rd party tool,my friend recommend Tunelf Spotify Music Converter to me ,seems this tool can rip music from Spotify without premium.

13. I've never heard of anything like Spotify converter, so I can't give you much input on that. If you're talking about an MP3 player app, there are free ones out there and you can play your downloaded songs (although I'm sure they have ads).
    I think Spotify still has the 3 month free trial deal, if you want to try that. After it's like $9.99/mo.

14. Thank you, very good information

15. Can someone please tell me what Spotify is for and what are the charges of Spotify?:confusedalt:

16. It's a music streaming service that now does some podcasts and such, has the joe rogan experience as an example. It's 9.99 a month I think, 15.99 a month for the family plan of up to 6 people.

17. The fact that this is your 1st post and you made an account to ask this instead of googling it is baffling

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Spotify is a aud.io streaming and media services provider

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. The frequency that this thread has been bumped continues to baffle me.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. The saddest part is poor Banned OP never got any replies back then, and will never know just how often stoners from the future would help in answering his question.

• Funny Funny x 3