Sports fans, I'm going to say this once

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by primetime21335, Feb 28, 2008.

1. If you are a fan of athletic competition, this weekend, Marquez vs Vazquez III is must see TV.

Period.

It's free on showtime this weekend. They saved this fight for their free preview weekend, and yes, they did that for a very real reason.

Fight 1 was epic. Fight 2 was FOTY last year.

These 2 guys are all offense and have massive talent.

"Vazquez, Marquez set for war … again"

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=3265863

This fight is not for boxing fans. This fight is not for UFC fans. This fight is not for fight fans in general. This fight is for any individual who enjoys athletic competition.

2. We've got a Sports section now. ;)

3. Ima watch that shit. I spent a good portion of last night plopped in front of the TV watching boxing and gettin stoned. Should be a good fight :D

4. Beat me to it.

Post in the right sections!!!:rolleyes:
    haha jk, i found it yesterday. dunno how long it's been there...

5. how useless is a sports section in a marijuana forum? not to sound bitter, i fucking love this site, but that was a bad idea. it's simply unneccessary.

what's the chance a mod will throw me a bone and let this ride here until sunday? i'm talking, if there was one fight i'd reccommend all year long, it would be this fight. After reccommending Taylor vs Pavlik II on ppv, I feel I owe it to GC to notify them of this bout.

i have a feeling this thread will be generating a big response come sunday.

6. Before it was put in, there was at least 5 threads on sports in General everyday.

It was a good idea, and necessary.

7. I never noticed 5 sports threads in general every day. In fact, as recently as 6 months ago, it was very rare to see a sports topic at all in General.

This forum is unneccessary and is counterproductive because it will generate less responses and effectively discourage communication in the city. The goal wasn't to limit sports talk, but in practice that is exactly what we are doing.

I suppose we will have to agree to disagree.

8. no replies since coming here. am i surprised? no.

9. for real, nobody is going to watch this?

SOMEBODY?

If I were to reccommend one fight this entire year it would be this fight.

10. I watched that shit Marquez got the shit knocked off as soon as vasquez knocked him down.. That knockdown gave vasquez that last bit of reassurance to take him out.. If he hadnt ended it in that round though, both his eyes would have been FUCKED.

Though I was expecting Marquez to win being as not even 5 months after a surgery on his nose from the first fight, vasquez was back in it.

11. ^ Hell yeah dude! I'm picking Vazquez but I think smart money is on Marquez.

Damn, I did a terrible job of marketing this fight. :(

12. Dam i just found out about this fight and part of GC haha never noticed it. Ima watch ufc and this boxing fight tonight, Got the bong packed but i plan on breaking up some kush for ufc. I got some nice dodi to hold me down.

Crazy knockdown in the 12th round, It went to decision Vasquez won

13. BOMB fight! Awesome end to an amazing trilogy! Incredible 12th round by Izzy to WIN the fight!

14. where's the poll to vote ;)

betting on Marquez but would love to see Vazquez win. lets see what betus has for odds.