Sportbike or "Crotch Rocket"...

Discussion in 'General' started by Romain, May 26, 2006.

1. the hyabusa type-r's come stock with turbo's. i test drove one once..... sooooooo deathly.

2. As a matter a fact i own a kawasaki ZX-14, fast as HELL, i love flying down the beltway at 180mph

3. +turbo making 500hp+++

4. Get a chopper:cool:

Unless youre a skinny white man like me, then go with the most nondescript motorcycle you can find so you dont get your ass kicked by some cro-magnon biker thugs :p

But really, as long as youre smart about how you break the law, you should be good as far as tickets are concerned. If youve been living in your area for a while you know where the cops like to hang out and where youre safe. Just splurge and go for the crotchrocket :)

5. ALRIGHT to waterhurley or whoever else can help. Right now im just trying to get a feel of what i want. I think buying a 600 bike is a waste cause i know im gonna drop it, and it's just way too fast for me now. Im not going to go as low as 250, so im researching the Kawasaki Ninja 500R. There is one for sale kinda near me, 3k miles, Black, 05' Adult owned (female) for $4k OBO.

Also, should i get a helmet before the MSF course? Suggestions?

6. please tell me this was not a serious response...

and the to the original poster...value your life more than your image and ALWAYS wear your gear, meaning pants, gloves, a good helmet and a decent riding jacket

if you think you dont need it lets think of it this way: you stand on the road wearing whatever it is you would ride in and lock your knees- now i'm going to push you straight over backwards onto the pavement and then grab your feet and drag you feet first for a few feet. sounds painful huh? ok well thats standing still and having a person pull you a few feet at like 1mph...now imagine doing 40+ and bouncing and sliding. it sucks...be safe and get good gear

edit: also get an older bike thats in good shape...as cheap as possible is key and older bikes have cheaper parts available generally speaking (for common ones)

7. I think thats very good advice on the gear and getting the older bike.

The reason I havent bought a bike is because you have to at least wear jeans and a leather jacket and I want to wear shorts and sandals.

8. wellat least you're smart enough to realize that and not get one and ride that way regardless...every time i see people without helmets i cringe real hard

9. very good choice of a bike to learn on. and yes get the helm before the MSF course.

10. it wasnt. *sigh* hard to tell sarcasim over the net. now that i think about alot of sarcastic remars i make could be taken seriously. oops.