Spore

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Orbit, Oct 13, 2008.

1. why the hell hasn't a thread been made for this yet?? :eek:

have all of you not played it?

holy shit
    go get it

now

go to their website spore.com

and download the creature creator.. its so awesome
    i can play with it all the time when i'm blazed

but i definitely recommend getting the game! :D

2. eh, its a decent game...I got bored after 4 days

its basically a dress up game...the things you put on your creatures litterally doesn't matter

the first part of the game, is how it should be...if you got this, you can do that.....like the game SHOULD mold to YOUR character

I hate hype with a passion, it does nothing but makes you excited, and spend your money, only to let you down

3. bought to upgrade my ram, when I do I am buying this.

4. Hell yes!
    I love spore!
    Check out my blog for ym latest creation, or go to the sporecasts and look for ones with "skittlesloli" in the name.
    You can also look up skittlesloli, but my new stuff is on my boyfriends account (moguhoki) so I put that stuff in sporecasts.

5. I thought it was hyped up way too much and what we recieved in the end was horribly underwhelming. I bought it and played it for maybe an hour... haven't played it since.

6. #6 the roach, Oct 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2008
    I really loved it until I find out there was no ending.

Really maxis? I wants my moneys back.

heres mine-

[​IMG]

7. #7 tea.mochi, Oct 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2008
    I think some of you just got your expectations all in a mess.
    Theres no ending to the sims or sim city, why aren't you complaining about that?
    You probably haven't noticed that its something people are able to mod and change like the sims... not to mention that we keep getting new planets to build on now.

I think people just got their hopes into unrealistic places.
    These things grow.

@foop
    Maybe an hour? Fuck man, thats not even enough for me to get past cell stage, what're you bitching about the fact it was 2d? Get out to space first then I'll listen.

8. If I got a low level video card, like 1.5 gb of ram do you think I can play this game on lowest settings?

9. Whats the card?
    I got 1g of ram and nvidia 6600 and it runs fine if you take care.
    Shadows and strong lighting effects and the high graphics can make it laggy, so if you steer clear of those you'll be fine.

10. its like playing 5 incomplete games in one.

11. I can't remember but it is atleast like 5 years oppsolete by now, it was shitty when I bought it so yeah, I probly need a new one.

This is what I hate about PC gaming, because by the time I get better shit, my shit becomes opsolete.

12. You got a fry's electronics near you (Or any used electronics store for that matter)?
    You can get a good deal on a decent videocard, less than 200 dollars for something better than my 6600.

If anything you could give it a shot, see how it goes.
    You might be able to run it fine with your ram, you got half a g more than me.

13. I've heard that our solar system was in Spore, and at first I didn't believe it, until I inadvertantly found it while trying to get closer to the galactic core. Not only that, but it was almost obscenely close to my home planet. I'll post pics later and such.

14. Well you have to find out what your video card slot is.
    To run that card you have to have a pci express slot.
    There are (i think) three different kinds of slots. Pci express, pci and agp.
    I'm not positive on how to find out which one is which, I"m sure there are people here in the city who would know, maybe in the gamers area or the great indoors area.

But yeah, that card would be very awesome to have.

15. Yeah, you can blow it up too. I hear you get a badge or achievement thingy for it.

16. I'll make sure to find out, probly can look it up with my computer model number or some shit.

17. Exactly!

18. I was planning on buying Spore, but the game play seems too repetitive. I could see myself getting bored with it in a few weeks.

19. I got bored with it after a few weeks of playing.

The space phase is just too repetitive to have any fun, but everything up to the space age was awesome