Spore

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by holyrollers, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Anyone grabbing this? I don't think my computer could handle it, but I showed it to my roommate and she looked pretty into it. Hopefully she gets it so I can play :D

Looks like such a crazy game to play..

2. Spore looks like fun, but like you said, I know my computer can't handle it, it is "old" as they say. I'll have to wait for my brother to come home from college, I know he's getting it, then I can play.

P.S. Congrats on the 1000th post!!!

3. Woohoo!!!! Spore's out today! I'm gonna download off EA straight to my PC either today or tomorrow. I can see myself getting blistered and playing this for a while haha:D

4. I got a leaked version. My laptop is far from a gamer's laptop, but it plays it perfectly. It only has 1 gig of ram. This game is so fun. I might dedicate my life to playing it.

5. I just went and got some bud and I'm now downloading Spore. It says an 1:06 remaining But oh well I'm about to take some bong rips can't wait to play it. I've seriously been waiting for this game since 2002 when I first heard about it. I've been following every video and any info waiting for a release date. The last two years I gave up because they kept changing it but it's here can't wait.

6. #6 Elem3nt17, Sep 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2008
    Yeah Ive been playing it pretty solid. It has some good aspects and some bad aspects but all in all it has kept my attention for the past couple days. Its fun when you meet up with another species that you had designed previously, then you wipe them off the solar system.

Meet Harryscrotis

[​IMG]

And Primeapel

[​IMG]

Ive made alot more cool ones these are the only two ive taken screenshots of so far. More to come!

7. i'm getting a new mac soon soon and when that happens, I'm getting spore and AOE3, my PC now barely plays CS1.6

The game BTW looks awesome.

8. This game is pretty amazing.

It might not be as deep as the games that it draws influence from, but that doesn't mean it's not fun. :bongin:

9. I liked the previews, where he was a fish swimming and then crawled out of the ocean, and where you had to introduce your species to instruments and weapons.

Tribe and Civ mode went by so fast (but I was social, so pleasing people is easier than fighting them) but the space stage is HUGE! My boyfriend was playing hours before I was and hes barely made a dent in his progress bar.

My computer runs on a nvidia geforce 6600 and 1 gig of ram with some piece of shit processor, and the game runs wonderfully so long as I don't do too much with the lighting effects (which I hate anyway).
    And since it doesn't require an internet connection to play (but you need the connection to register) it wouldn't eat up your processor (or whatever) either.

My only worry about downloading is, what if your computer crashes and you lose all the information? Would EA seriously believe that you don't have the game anymore and just LET you download it again? Sounds like there'd be too many oportunities for other people to cheat EA out of extra downloads IMHO.
    I just got the hard copy. Better to be safe than sorry.

10. I just got it and its dling right now so i hope its good

11. I played through it... was fun..
    But i just dont see the replay value other than dicovering new species and creating new ones.. the gameplay stays the same, and personally.. the gameplay to me is way to simple and repetative.

12. I picked it up a couple days ago, on civ stage right now, my species looks kinda like the flying monkey things from the wizard of oz.

I like the fact thats its easy to sit down and play, unlike a lot of rts games, which i usually hate.

Its great to just get really high and play god:D

13. not to be an asshole, or a dick.

But I refuse to buy spore, because they completely destroyed what spore was originally all about. The animals you create were originally supposed to be dependent on the apendages you gave it.. Not its stats. For example, 4 legs should run faster than 1 leg. Not true, its relies on stats. Spore was supposed to recreate our universe and the way it was built up, but the developers pushed back the release date because they couldn't finish the game in time, because of all the features they "promised" us, they just lazy and didn't give us what they promised.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=201032

14. Agreed, the game feels so dumbed down and rushed. You would think for a game 8 years in development would at least have something good to show for it, apart from the cool creation system. I cant bring myself to play anymore, there is just zero replay value, for myself anyways.

"its a game that anyone can sit down and play" is slang for "this game was designed with 3 year olds in mind"

15. Have to agree with you guys, definitely don't think the game lived up to its hype. In my opinion, they should've made the bacteria stage a lot shorter in the beginning. Whole lot of the same shit for 45 minutes, coulda been done after 10.

Creature stage should have been the meat of the game. Creature stage is fun as hell, if they wouldve expanded on the gameplay here, the game would be much better. You shouldve been allowed to build up your creature more, 4 friendly and 4 lame generic attack moves just don't cut it. They should've created special moves based on the individual parts you gave your creature, instead of giving every single creature the same boring attacks. A longer and more in depth creature stage would've improved this game a lot.

Tribal stage was mediocre. Could've come up with something much better over all these years.

I'm in Civilization stage right now, and it sucks. It's like a RTS game for elementary schoolers, I've almost lost the will to play this game anymore.

16. Yeah its really left a bad taste in my mouth. Ive resigned to playing older much better games. Currently playing knights of the old republic and cs 1.6.