Spore

Discussion in 'General' started by My Fax, Dec 4, 2007.

1. This game was mentioned in another thread, but for sure it deserves it's own.

It's basically, the ultimate MMORPG/"God" game. From the looks of it anyways. Here's the description from the website:

About SPORE

From the mind of Will Wright, the creator of The Sims, comes SPOREâ„¢, an epic journey that takes you from the origin and evolution of life through the development of civilization and technology and eventually all the way into the deepest reaches of outer space.
    [​IMG]Tide Pool Phase

Fight with other creatures and consume them to adjust the form and abilities of your creature. It's survival of the fittest at the most microscopic level.
    [​IMG]Creature Phase

Venture onto land and help your creature learn and evolve with forays away from your nest. The only way to grow is by taking chances!
    [​IMG]Tribal Phase

Instead of controlling an individual creature, you are now caring for an entire tribe. Give them tools and guide their interactions as you upgrade their state of existence.
    [​IMG]Civilization Phase

Once your city is established, your creatures begin seeking out and interacting with other cultures. Make contact with an olive branch or a war cry. The goal for your creatures is to conquer the planet.
    [​IMG]Space Phase

The time has come to move on to other worlds in your solar system. Make contact, colonize, or terraform, then venture further to find other solar systems. A 'mission' structure provides new goals in your quest for galactic dominance.

Pretty awesome huh? Here's some gameplay footage. It's 36 minutes long, but well worth the watch.

<embed style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=8372603330420559198&hl=en" flashvars=""> </embed>

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8372603330420559198

And some screenshots...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The game is supposed to come out on March 3rd, 2008.

Oh man I can't wait.

2. This game is going to consume everyone's lives.

3. ahh i've been waiting for this game for years. but i know my shit computer wont even be able to run it :(

4. yes defenitely has been on my list of shit to by.

was supposed to come out last spring but then this fall now next spring. what are they trying to be? the GTA of PC or something jeez. but yeah its badass what previews ive seen for it.

5. Can't wait to buy a new computer when this game comes out so I can play it....its just the wii for now

6. I have been following this game for over a year now. There is nobody more excited than me about this game.. I cant wait!!