Sporadic mold in my medium. Not plants.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by mizarc3, Nov 27, 2010.

1. I found what seems to be grey mold on my rockwool. I have turned off humidifier, created more ventilation, and removed cover from rockwool (cover was there to prevent algae). I have not seen any mold on any of the plants, stems, leaves, etc. It is focused just on the rockwool. I am using Serenade Garden Disease Control spray. It keeps the mold mostly at bay, but I will see a small patch every now and then.

Should I just continue spraying the rockwool and hope to kill it altogether?
    Is this mold attacking my roots?
    Any home remedies that may work better than the spray?

Thanks.

2. Any chance of a picture (would be good for someone like myself who has never seen something like this.) If not - no biggie but thanks anyways :)

3. the mold is easy to wipe away. So i have been wiping it away and then spraying. Sorry I dont have a photo. I tried to take one earlier but the mold just blended in with the rockwool. I was reading some about it and the disease that causes gray mold can infiltrate the plant through cuts, broken branches, torn leaves, anywhere the plant has suffered something. I was using this particular plant as an experiment for topping and pruning. I have been doing a bunch of cuts to practice. I think this is where I was attacked.

I am just curious if I should keep the plant? There are 3 other babies in the room with it and no signs of mold on them.

Its weird that there is no mold on the plant.

4. spray bottle full of H202, use it on the rockwool to kill the mold. try not to hit the plant though, it burns the foliage. if you have open cuts on the plant youre worried about getting infected, use a q-tip with peroxide to sterizile it.

5. Man thats handy to know - Just thought id say good post :D - Hope the OP like it :D