Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Spoon Pipe : Noob Tips

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by prettychill, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Just bought this little dude - Hand Blown Inside Out Glass Pipes Version 38 glass pipes are hand blown in India

Was cheap as fuck so i figured fuckit, thuglife. Only thing is i have no clue how to use one.. at all. I have only ever smoked joints (its a UK thing i guess), and while i might now be a mildly experienced roller - i have no idea what to do with this thing. If anyone has any resources or advice / tips that they have it would be much appreciated cause i have loads of questions.

Things like - should i use a lighter to light it, how heavily should i pack it, do i need screens, how regularly should i clean it, how do i "corner" the bowl, does the bowl need relight after draws, how bad a smell will this thing produce if i leave it lying around my room (post-session), is it an efficient use of weed, any cardinal sins of toking from a pipe? etc etc :eek: :confused:

I have learnt so much by being on GC these past few months, but i still have a long way to go :p

Peace +rep for everyone (although sadly my +rep still means nothing cause i'm a humble walker among blades :( )

2. #2 Kimmo, Jan 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2011
    This is not me. It should explain how to use and corner a bowl. It explains cornering, but not use. You can just watch how he uses it to get a hit.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGeoyoz-PFI[/ame]

I clean my bowl every 2 weeks because I don't smoke that much. And only use a screen if the hole in the bowl is too big for your ground (or broken) up bud.

3. Here is some advice/tips in relation to the questions you asked:

Should I use a lighter to light it? Yes. But you could also use a match or candle...hell, you can even use a magnifying glass and use the sun. Research "solar hits".

How heavily should I pack it? Really depends on how much you want to smoke. I usually only pack enough to get me stoned because personally, a half-cashed bowl tastes like shit to me a couple hours later if I light it up again. Just make sure to grind your bud and don't over-pack it. If you jam too much MJ in the pipe, it will be MUCH harder to draw smoke and get a decent hit.

Do I need screens? If you are constantly getting shit in your mouth while toking, yes. It seems to me that this often happens to people who rip the bowl WAY too hard. I don't need one personally. If you are going to get a screen for your new pipe, I recommend a glass screen. Very cheap.

How regulary should I clean it? Depends on how much you use it. There is nothing worse than smoking from an unclean bowl...It ruins the taste of your bud and its just nasty. When your pipe is packed with tar and resin, clean it. If it doesn't taste right, clean it.

How do I corner a bowl? Well someone already posted a video on how to do this...but the best explanation I can give is to draw the flame to the EDGE of your bowl so only a small portion is lit. I never really corner my bowl...I smoke alone most of the time. Some smokers get angry when you roast the entire bowl though.

Do you need to relight after draws? Again, it depends. Try hitting it again and if you get no smoke, light it up again. Usually it will stay lit as long as you don't wait long periods of time before hitting it again.

Smell? Yes, it smells. Especially right after you use it...but you can cover it up.

Efficient use of weed? Yes. Just pack enough to get yourself where you want to be.

Cardinal sins? I am not entirely sure what this means but I am assuming you are wondering what NOT to do when smoking a bowl. If you are by yourself, do whatever the hell you want. It is yours. If you are smoking with other people I only really have a few tips. 1, try to corner it if you can...some people flip out when you roast the entire thing. 2, don't hog it. 3, DO NOT BLOW OR COUGH INTO THE STEM WHILE HITTING IT! The bud could pop out of the bowl...not cool. 4, don't get spit and shit all over the pipe when you smoke...pretty universal rule.

Hope this helps :).

4. Blow the top ash from the bowl every now and then.

5. Hey OP, some pretty good advice on here already, only thing i would add is if you're carrying it around be careful, i broke my first when i carrying it around in a bag lol.

I got my first from a local shop towards the end of last year and it was well worth it, lovely to smoke from and dont find it at all harsh.

Happy toking man :smoke: