Spontaneous Combustion

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by GGrass, Sep 9, 2010.

1. One of the paranormal phenomena that interests me is 'spontaneous combustion'.

What could it be?

What causes it?

I had a theory on what this phenomena might be.

May be it's the cases where the 'other self' from another time or another dimension meets you in this world. You disappear in a flash of light. You cancel each other out.

Antimatters.

2. Ehh i don't buy into human spontaneous combustion.... Spontaneous human combustion (SHC) is a name used to describe alleged cases of the burning of a living human body without an apparent external source of ignition. While there have been about 200 cited cases worldwide over a period of around 300 years, most of the alleged cases are characterized by the lack of a thorough investigation, or rely heavily on hearsay and oral testimony. In many of the more recent cases, where photographic evidence is available, it is alleged that there was an external source of heat present (often cigarettes), and nothing occurred "spontaneously."...thats just a description from wikipedia.

But i've yet to see a case that got me thinking that something weird is going on.

3. I've yet to see one too... but what if it were true?

Just entertaining the thought... :smoking:

4. It would be pretty wild if it were true haha....although when you read some of the realistic theories trying to explain how it could happen its definately interesting.

5. it happens bro, mainly in the tropics. Native tribesmen(and women) would eat underripe bananas, and as they break down in their stomach it would produce copious amounts of ethylene gas. Combined with their lack of oral hygiene, cyanobacteria would form on their teeth in the form of green mold (no lie) and would produce pure oxygen. Presumably the tribesmen ingest this gas, and it pressurizes inside of them, until some external source, most likely voodoo ritual involving firedancing, ignites the trail of gases leaking from their esophagus, causing spontaneous combustion.

Happened to a buddy of mine, quite sad really. Thats why you should eat ripe bananas and brush your teeth.

6. Damn thats pretty wild :smoking:...i'm not a big banana fan anyway i only eat like 2 a year hahaha

7. Hehehe..... entertaining... :D:smoking:

BURST out in flame while JUMPING across the fire.... BOOM!

Gone...

8. hey bro bananas are fire, you gotta cut one up and put it on some bread with peanut butter. Doesn't sound too impressive, does it? It'll blow your mind though

9. Well, in a fire of say a cigarette lighting you on fire, it wouldn't disintegrate bones. Also, it wouldn't leave the legs unharmed compared to the complete disintegration of the upper body.

Faulty chakras.

When your yin which is the cold/magnetic energy that is located in the area of the perineum meets with the yang, which is the hot/electric energy located in the area of the solar plexus, the reaction is like an intense spark. Think throwing an ice cold bottle into boiling water, on an epic scale that produces reaction that causes a fire that disintegrates the upper body within minutes.

10. Examples of the upper body being disintegrated from the inside out while the legs remain almost perfectly fine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Go ahead and look for yourself, it's because you don't have chakra's in your legs, at least not the way you do along your spine.

11. What the fuck?

12. Exactly what I was looking for... :smoking:

Amazing, isn't it?

Shit can happen, I'm telling you....

13. I thought of a better example. Think of the positive and negative connections of a battery. When they go into the system right they power the device. When the 2 connections touch it creates a spark. That's essentially what yin and yang is, the positive and negative charges of the nervous system, if you want to look at it in a sort of crude manner.

14. Haha alright maybe the next time i have munchies and theres nothing to eat in the house besides banana's and peanutbutter i'll give that a shot hahaha...when it comes to fruit i'm more of a strawberry, pineapple, kiwi, grapes kinda person...you know all the really sweet juicy fruits:smoke:

15. Actually those are ingredients that I can find in my kitchen.

I don't think I have them now, but those are the things that are normally there... next time I shop for grocery, I'll definitely put those on the list.

- Bananas
    - Peanut butter
    - Bread

16. But why?

Why does it happen?

17. He's not lying, peanut butter and banana sandwiches ARE fire. spread peanut butter on the bread, put the banana on there diaganolly, and then fold the bread up like a hotdog.

bit off topic lol

18. Like I said, it's faulty chakra's. Instead of the energies properly storing in the previously stated location, some of it shoots out, down or up the spinal chord, and meets the other chakra and boom.

19. What causes spontaneous combustion?

Why does it happen in certain people, and not others? Why is it so rare?

20. Why is spinal muscle atrophy so rare? It's just a flaw in the way that the body is built, the way a kidney can fail or the heart can fail, a chakra can fail. It just so happens that it's very rare that a chakra fails compared to other organs.