Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Spongy (moist) bud

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by smoke4life, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Hey everyone, I've been having this problem... I cap in 1/2s and I keep getting this bud that looks GREAT, hairs, color, etc, but its kind of...spongy... is the only word i can think of to describe it. I keep finding myself "giving" it back away and then just re-upping. It wouldnt really bother me if I smoked it, but I vaporize, and it gives me weak hits, not thick at all. I might just drop the dealer for a while, but i dont really want to... For now i left it out in the open to dry a little... Anyone have any advice or suggestions? Thanks!

Happy tokings

2. put your herb in a glass jar, along with a few strips of blank printer paper, the paper will absorb the moisture from the buds. keep the paper in until its as dry as you want it. from what it sounds like it could be in there a while. keep tokin

3. I dont have one of those mason jars, and believe it or not, i dont have transportation where im staying at for at least a few days :confused:. Would that method work in another container? thanks regardless!

4. Glad container?

5. yeah bro any container will do, you can put the paper in a bag with the weed, im just used to using jars. the strips should be about as long and as wide as your index finger.

6. i hate getting fresh trimmed bud and not cured...:mad: I just smoke it anyways.

7. Thanks! Im trying it right now! Put the 1/2 in a glad container cuz i figured it was better than baggie. Is it safe to leave overnight or can it get too dry?

its not like RIGHT OFF THE PLANT fresh lol just a bit moist, i just smoke it anyways too but its lame

8. This is one of my biggest pet peevs about bud. I HATE when they're all bendy and squishy and like barely smokeable. They weigh more too when theyre so damn wet.

9. This happened to me when I some how got water into a pill bottle containing a quarter of kush. It made the bud all spongy and kind of wet. I couldn't get it to really dry out, but when I smoked it I would just keep the lighter on it for longer and kindled it and I would get ripped when using a bubbler or bong.

10. tbh i put bread in my stash to make it weight more/more valuable

a zone on the dry side can turn into 32-34 grams. its an illegitimate move but so is everything else in the game

11. #11 smoke4life, Jul 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2010

Thats really a dick thing to do bro lol... Just because some ppl are scum doesnt mean u have to be to be, believe me, i used to be alll up in that game a few years back... I never did any pesky shit like that...

Bread? like the bread we eat? dont you even think about anyone but yourself? :confused:

that just pissed me off big time, im glad i at least know my guy would never do THAT to me, at least not directly...

Bread? wtf? you could at least use something that wouldnt be all that harmful... smoking sugar is really bad for you... maybe try water? or nothing if u wanna be a nice guy...

12. Nice guys finish last

13. Use a blow-drier for like a few minutes and i am sure your bud would be dry. It could make it a little dry and harsh but at least it won't mold.

14. With your mom I finish first... all over her chin.

15. let it dry like everyone else has said lol

16. Well... I mean... at least you were honest... but im sure your not to custo's...

17. Hate when jerks are proud of wetting buds. Messed up shit.

JUST remember though, everything you do in this world, will come back 10 fold in the next life.:wave:

18. i hate moist bud its like spongy nd sometimes the stems are bendy the weed tastes like hash shake leaves lol i dont understand why people buy weed if its not up to there standards i mean doesent everyone smell nd take buds out of the bag befor you buy it? it happens alot with new dealers when your a new customer to them they show up with shitty weed and i have to deny them. lol i guess the moral is dont give the dealer your money if you havent seen or you think the weed is bad. just saying, i ALWAYS make them weigh it out to! :smoking:

19. Dont talk about selling bud...

And regardless, my bud will dry itself out over the course of possession of a whole ounce so why should I be the one losing money on it drying out?