Spongebob

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by Lavions, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Hi guys, I am thinking about down...*cough* buying all episodes of spongebob. I like funny, chillout serials, is it something for me? Is there some adult contect, like vulgar, alcohol etc?

2. Vulgarity and alcohol use in a kid's show? Do we even have to ask this...

And what does down buying mean?

3. yeah man all spongebob does all episode is get baked
    [​IMG]
    and heil Hitler
    [​IMG]

and thats the stuff I CAN show....adult content does not beging to describe that wild sponge

4. That painting skill! Alriiight.

5. No, there's no alcohol or any vulgarity, it's a kids show, and your best cartoon to watch would probably be Adventure Time or Regular Show

6. Naa it's like a kids cartoon but a lot of adults like it too.. Classic cartoon imo.

7. [quote name='"DrSheldonCooper"']Vulgarity and alcohol use in a kid's show? Do we even have to ask this...

And what does down buying mean?[/quote]

He's gonna download it but was being funny I guess.

Danger, I sense danger here haha. Spongebob rules

8. Spongebob Makes kids into perverts. :poke:

9. Ah I see, that flew over my head for some reason.

Wheres the joke though? Trying to tell us all while hiding it from the mods? If so, I find that hilarious :p

10. There are so many hidden jokes in Spongebob. I was watching an episode yesterday in which Spongebob was trying to save Sandy from a rodeo. In one scene he's talking to Gary and the conversation went like this:
    Spongebob "Gary! Come on! We have to save Sandy!"
    Gary "Meow"
    Spongebob "No, she's the squirrel."
    Gary "Meow."
    Spongebob "Brown. But I don't see what that has to do with anything."
    Gary crawls away meowing angrily.

His snail is a racist haha

11. I think the fact you took it serious kinda says something.

12. [quote name='"dawntoker"']

I think the fact you took it serious kinda says something.[/quote]

Why wouldn't I take it serious? He posted a link on how apperantly Spongebob makes you stupid, and I responded by saying I'm quite the contrary, or atleast I'd like to think

13. Chocolateeee!!!!!!$&@$'&&));11!!!

14. [quote name='"Lavions"']Hi guys, I am thinking about down...*cough* buying all episodes of spongebob. I like funny, chillout serials, is it something for me? Is there some adult contect, like vulgar, alcohol etc?[/quote]

Yes look up the 1 were they find out the list of bad words

15. Well since you're gonna ste... I mean pay for it, I suggest definitely checking out the first 3 seasons for sure. The first season is classic and introduces the main characters, their world and the absurd comedy, and with the second season the show's humor really finds it sweet spot. By the end of season three you can start to see the charm wear thinner but it also has some of the best episodes. These were the seasons rerun for years that the world would fall in love with and keep the show alive while the end of season three trickled out as the movie was made. Season 4 is about as good as late season 3 at best and it's pretty much downhill from there with some of the worst episodes in seasons 5 and 6 and later episodes no better than season 4.

When the show continued production after the movie the creator Stephen Hillenburg left as well as C.H. Greenblatt, a story artist who went on to create Cartoon Network's Chowder. With this, quality control slipped in writing and voice direction. Voice acting became more stereotypical of the characters making them more one-dimensional such as SpongeBob's naivete becoming pure obnoxiousness with a consistently higher voice and Patrick's oafishness going full retard. Story became inane and formulaic with plots being centered around one joke and slowly and painfully trying to take it somewhere for 11 minutes instead of filling that time with a simple plot and packing it to brim with gags of all kinds. Too critical of a kid's cartoon you say? Well they shouldn't have messed with my childhood.

TL;DR Do yourself a favor and grab a zip and the first 3 seasons of SpongeBob and you'll thank me. Try to find them unedited too.

16. Just to reinforce: no, it's not an adult cartoon, yes, you should watch the shit out of Spongebob.

17. It has some adult humor in the first few seasons. But now it just blows